• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh, PA Thread: Winter 2015-2016

meatwad

Cropper posted on Facebook earlier and said the possibility of several inches. They're going to be very conservative still this far out. They always are.

Yeah I caught KDKA and Jeff V said snow flurries \ showers possible Friday night but the bigger news was the warm-up. Buddy texted me this morning saying he heard on KDKA last night there was a possibility of a big snow, must have been John Burnett lol. But in all seriousness 12z models tomorrow still look good and we don't see a big SE shift I would think they would start to mention it. Here is a snip from NWS discussion:

FOR FRIDAY AND SATURDAY HAVE

USED THE NEW MODEL BLEND FOR DEVELOPING STORM SYSTEM MOVING INTO

THE CENTRAL APPALACHIANS FRIDAY AND THEN BECOMING A COASTAL LOW

LATER SATURDAY. THIS BRINGS CAT POPS TO THE RIDGES WITH LIKELY

POPS FOR SNOW UP TO PITTSBURGH FRIDAY INTO FRIDAY NIGHT. AS SYSTEM

WRAPS UP TOWARD NEW ENGLAND SNOW WOULD END SATURDAY. THE

POSSIBILITY OF SIGNIFICANT SNOW REMAINS WITH THIS STORM AND

PREVIOUS HIGHLIGHT IN HWO WILL REMAIN.

At this point that seems the responsible way to start let people know to keep an eye out.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I see we have forwarded 2 pages in a day or so, I get excited!! Loving watching all of this unfold and reading the posts!☃⛷

Yeah, something to finally talk about at least. Hopefully, this won't be another big letdown. We've had enough of them over the years. I just keep getting this sneaking suspicion that this thing has gone as far north as it's going to go and it's going to start trending the other way as we get closer. That's what these things can do this far out. It's come north quite a bit to get us all in on the action. A fringe job is still a possibility. We'll know more on Wednesday. Right now, I just watch knowing this could go either way for a while yet.

Yeah, something to finally talk about at least. Hopefully, this won't be another big letdown. We've had enough of them over the years. I just keep getting this sneaking suspicion that this thing has gone as far north as it's going to go and it's going to start trending the other way as we get closer. That's what these things can do this far out. It's come north quite a bit to get us all in on the action. A fringe job is still a possibility. We'll know more on Wednesday. Right now, I just watch knowing this could go either way for a while yet.

Absolutely-like you said, maybe by tomorrow night or Wednesday morning-if things still look close to the same-wow, I'd be so onboard for sure-but still fun to follow now and it's inside a week and not 10-14 days away

Here's something from the mid Atlantic thread from ORH_wxman or something-he's a green tag: The variable I like most about where N VA/MD/S PA sit is they are under the CCB and ML frontogenesis during a time when the storm undergoes its most rapid deepening. That is where you want to be to get the most intense snowfall rates. Rain/snow lines aside, that is a very good thing.

If we would actually get that, I won't complain at all. Hopefully, losing some Qpf doesn't start a trend. We've seen that happen before still a few days or more out.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I don't know about how much qpf the storm can lose. This nino is raging plus theres moisture being fed into it from various sources.

Good day but still a ways to go. Tomorrow will start another chapter. I guess as I get older and learn not to get too excited this early.

Time to get some sleep because there may be trouble getting some later in the week.

Also another potential system on the heals of this one. Wouldn't that be great. In Feb 2010 I recall getting a 8 or 9 inch snowfall right after the 21. Let's do it. My favorite pic from this storm.  

post-337-0-44715700-1453180033_thumb.jpg

I don't know about how much qpf the storm can lose. This nino is raging plus theres moisture being fed into it from various sources.

I don't mean so much as the storm in general, but just for our area if it trends the wrong way for us. We're on the edge right now of the significant snows and it had to shift a lot to the north and west for that to happen. Hopefully, it doesn't balance out and go back the other way in the coming days. We'll see. A lot can still happen, good or bad.

I don't mean so much as the storm in general, but just for our area if it trends the wrong way for us. We're on the edge right now of the significant snows and it had to shift a lot to the north and west for that to happen. Hopefully, it doesn't balance out and go back the other way in the coming days. We'll see. A lot can still happen, good or bad.

100% correct

Archived