• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh, PA Thread: Winter 2015-2016

meatwad

You're right definitely an improvement, and still plenty of time for shifts. I can't lie though I would be pretty envious if it played out exactly like that lol

Yeah, I am concerned if it ticks SE at all we could really miss out and that would suck to be so close but so far away but I guess with any storm somebody is on the outside looking in. Heck even if we can just get the precip shield to expand NW a bit with a similar I'd be happy.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw that. His reasoning is that looking at the northern jet, it's weak and far enough north and weak enough that it could track north. Apparently he doesn't buy the European tracking the low so far south.

Yeah, I am concerned if it ticks SE at all we could really miss out and that would suck to be so close but so far away but I guess with any storm somebody is on the outside looking in. Heck even if we can just get the precip shield to expand NW a bit with a similar I'd be happy.

Yes I agree. Still way to early. There are probably a lot of people in the other forums that are now expecting 10-20 inches and then when everything changes by Friday they will be mad that they only get 8 :lmao: 

I remember Jan 1996 but I was living in Westmoreland County which was prime. 

Yes I agree. Still way to early. There are probably a lot of people in the other forums that are now expecting 10-20 inches and then when everything changes by Friday they will be mad that they only get 8 :lmao:

I remember Jan 1996 but I was living in Westmoreland County which was prime. 

I was living in Westmoreland County back then as well. I can remember them calling for 6 inches before the storm started and we ended up with 16. 

Will be interesting to follow for future runs.  One of the top guys from American forums

So....a post mortum on that run.....was expecting the cessation of a northward trend of the rain/snow line based on a slightly faster trough out west. Did not seem to be the case as the line did come up a few miles. The axis of maximum snow continues to shift northwest. When does it stop? Seems like we're exhausting room for much more northern movement, but yet this run did. Missing something in the field.

I have a tendency to get "model anxiety" and start to lose sleep.

I do to, except I lose work time :) Most of the I can convince myself to go to sleep after the GFS at the latest thinking then that once I get to work I can go over all the 00z \ 6z data, then its only a few hours until 12z starts lol. Hope my boss never finds this thread lol. I admit if this is still looking good Thursday night I may not be able to keep to that though.

Did anyone see the local mets discuss the possibility?  I saw WTAE and all they said was not much expected, we are on the fringe. Storm is going up the coast. 30-40% snow showers Fri/Sat

Cropper posted on Facebook earlier and said the possibility of several inches. They're going to be very conservative still this far out. They always are.

Archived