CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Pittsburgh, PA Thread: Winter 2015-2016

meatwad

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a bad day today after what had apparently dwindled down to nothing.  Still in what I consider the "fantasy range" for next weekend, but at least there is something juicy to look at.  We're not in total fantasy range (basically between 180-300 hours).  We'll see how the week goes, though don't look at individual runs and instead follow trends to get an idea of how the storm will turn.  

Remember it is very rare for models to lock onto a storm 7-days out and continue the same look for the entirety.  I think the last time that happened was March 1993.

post-884-0-04904900-1453057735.png

How many times have we seen these weenie generated maps spit out historical amounts 5 or 6 days away and we either end up with nothing even close or nothing at all. If this is still showing something Wednesday, I'll start to take it seriously. We've been burned way too many times long range. Keep an eye on it but nothing more.

How many times have we seen these weenie generated maps spit out historical amounts 5 or 6 days away and we either end up with nothing even close or nothing at all. If this is still showing something Wednesday, I'll start to take it seriously. We've been burned way too many times long range. Keep an eye on it but nothing more.

Yea, this isn't locked in.    GFS is showing under 5 inches Euro 36 inches, lets meet half way and call it a day.  The Steelers let us down, hopefully old man winter wont..

Not sure how that translates to WPa but imagine it would be pretty good.

Sounds good, having all these PARA models makes it even more fun, more model loops to watch lol. Hopefully the GFS starts to trend towards the Euro, normally that would be the outcome, but since the Euro is good for us it'll probably go the other way lol

Sounds good, having all these PARA models makes it even more fun, more model loops to watch lol. Hopefully the GFS starts to trend towards the Euro, normally that would be the outcome, but since the Euro is good for us it'll probably go the other way lol

Unfortunately the poster was looking at last nights run so I deleted my post.  Its not out yet,

Archived