• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OK/AR/KS/MO Winter 2015-16 Discussion

OKwx2K4

Going to place my bets on temperature forecast for the area being a bust today. Sitting at 29 still and was supposed to hit 40.

Agree, its 30 here. Im thinking this could play a role in tonight/tomorrow mornings bout of crap we get lol? So is this storm tonight supposed to be a bigger one or what, im so confused by all the constant changes from the NWS on these things im lost now haha

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree, its 30 here. Im thinking this could play a role in tonight/tomorrow mornings bout of crap we get lol? So is this storm tonight supposed to be a bigger one or what, im so confused by all the constant changes from the NWS on these things im lost now haha

Man, I honestly don't even know anymore. Lol. I think it should play a role in at least tonight and tomorrow's precip but just my two cents at this point.

Man, I honestly don't even know anymore. Lol. I think it should play a role in at least tonight and tomorrow's precip but just my two cents at this point.

Me either, it does seem like we are getting a bit more busier in precip again. Just maybe this could be a good sign for Feb. who knows lol. I need a good storm to go for a hike in though so I can test this new actioncam thing I got! Something, anything even if its 2 inches of darn snow at this point haha.

Yeah, although this system hasn't looked good on either of those models for the last several runs. I am not sure what they see that we don't. I haven't seen anything that would give Fayetteville 1.5" of snow... unless the EURO is saying something along those lines. 

Nah, 12z Euro, outside of some drizzle or flurries is boring for the entire run it looks like. 

Latest HRRR looks a little heavier with the mixed precip in NW AR and NE OK tonight. May be advisory worthy.

Yesterdays GFS was showing 11" in little rock wasnt it lol? It smells like its gonna do something out there to me, as weird as that sounds. Its like before or after a thunderstorm the air gets that feel and smell to it. Never got above 32 today so thats a plus! I just want something to happen other than this spotty light off and on junk

Yah we actually had better than a trace of snow in Springdale this morning. After advisories were cancelled, nothing in the forecast. Snowed pretty good for awhile. Models are junk this yr.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Crazy! It snowed in springdale this morning? It did nothing here really all night just drizzle lol. The roads were completely fine here. It seems here that the cutoff line is 412 and north lol. Theres always that cutoff line too I noticed in each area. Watch this overperform tonight if there is no advisories or anything haha. Thats usually how it seems to go with tulsas NWS

Updated AFD from Tulsa...

Precipitation is starting to develop to the west of the Tulsa
CWA this evening as a mid-level shortwave works across Oklahoma.
With temperatures slowly creeping upwards across northern portions
of the forecast area through the evening...the forecast has become
somewhat trickier. The HRRR is doing a good job of developing precipitation
across the area and expect the precip shield to continue to blossom through
the night. Precip type is the tricky part. After looking at the latest
NAM forecast soundings, light snow and freezing drizzle seem like the best
bet across far north Oklahoma and into northwest Arkansas tonight. However,
some heavier freezing rain/rain may also develop across these areas. With
temperatures so close to freezing and still some uncertainty in the forecast
will not issue and advisory at this time.

EDIT: TSA has pulled the trigger on an advisory for NW AR and Ottawa and Delaware in NE OK.

Don't see no advisory for here yet, if they do that may be the "kiss of death" once again lol. Roads will probably be fine if we stay right at 32 degrees. Watch it pan out and overperform and my temp holds at 33, wouldnt shock me any at all lol. And the writeup "north of 412" lol....sighhhh

Theres the advisory haha, ugh plz something come from this

Wound up with about an inch of snow here in Monett that fell in about 45 minutes. 

Looks like our system tonight will miss most of us with an appreciable snowfall, although it has trended NW the last few runs... but just by a county or two. 

Which site do you all use to look at the HRRR? The site I was using has been extremely far behind. For example, right now it is showing the most recent run as the 05z run. 

Archived