joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OK/AR/KS/MO Winter 2015-16 Discussion

OKwx2K4

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, JoMo, what do you think should happen after the big PV displacement coming up?

It does appear Judah Cohen's strat warming event may indeed take place.

As far as us, the trough is going to shift back into the western US for a time so this will probably lead to storms tracking to our NW and we'll end up warm/rainy. It also doesn't help that the PV will likely be displaced on the other side of the world, so the coldest air will be over there. I'm unsure of what happens after the first week or so of Feb. Weeklies may be able to provide some insight later today.

It's crazy that east/southeast Ar and Miss will get more snow before some of us.... Including me.. Dusting for the year.

Crazy huh! My neighbor is in little rock, they are in a warning down there lol. My home state of south jersey is in a blizzard watch lol. Either north or south, same ole same ole cant win bull haha.

Crazy huh! My neighbor is in little rock, they are in a warning down there lol. My home state of south jersey is in a blizzard watch lol. Either north or south, same ole same ole cant win bull haha.

Gotta love when your forecast mentions thundersnow... Little Rock:

"Snow, mainly before 10am. The snow could be heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. "

Yea the north or west..or south and east..For some reason it's nw i44 or Texarkana so much. Things aren't lining up around here at all.. And this might be the least snow year I've ever seen it it keeps up.

It does appear Judah Cohen's strat warming event may indeed take place.

As far as us, the trough is going to shift back into the western US for a time so this will probably lead to storms tracking to our NW and we'll end up warm/rainy. It also doesn't help that the PV will likely be displaced on the other side of the world, so the coldest air will be over there. I'm unsure of what happens after the first week or so of Feb. Weeklies may be able to provide some insight later today.

Missed your post up there earlier I guess. Thanks.

We've had a couple of above normal snowfall winters. So we'll have to have a below normal one to average it out. :ee:

I really really don't want to be objective and balanced right now but you are right. Same applies to temperatures. Just the way this crap works I guess. Lol

I cant believe it, I have never once....ever seen a snowless winter without at least 3-4" of snow. I think that is the least I have ever seen back in jersey, back in the day. the early 2000's when I lived there one of those years was junk like this one is here so far this season. But I guess that is to be expected, I mean I'm getting further south now lol. I really miss missouri actually! How about you Moweatherguy??? Do u miss monett? I think thats where u came from

Looks like the parallel run of the Euro Weeklies is already in. Everything shifting back over to the SW through the first week of Feb, then not a lot of below normal heights showing up. Near normal heights over the southern Plains.. Torchy over Canada and the northern 1/2 of the US at least at 850 MB through the first week of March. 

Looks like the parallel run of the Euro Weeklies is already in. Everything shifting back over to the SW through the first week of Feb, then not a lot of below normal heights showing up. Near normal heights over the southern Plains.. Torchy over Canada and the northern 1/2 of the US at least at 850 MB through the first week of March.

So February is December, part 2?

So February is December, part 2?

Regular weeklies came in with a somewhat similar look. It doesn't look as above normal temp wise but most of the storms look to be tracking to our NW. The control run had a big -AO developing around mid-feb and an overall continuous amount of storm systems rolling across the area. Most of them to the NW of our area.

Regular weeklies came in with a somewhat similar look. It doesn't look as above normal temp wise but most of the storms look to be tracking to our NW. The control run had a big -AO developing around mid-feb and an overall continuous amount of storm systems rolling across the area. Most of them to the NW of our area.

Winter's over.

Archived