joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014/15

snywx

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After the 12z suite brought the Fri. night system across central NY, a few of the 18z GEFS have deformation snows extending into the lower hudson valley with a sfc low track under LI. The Euro has been insistent on a western track while the GFS is back and forth.. really depends on how far south the piece of the PV across Hudsons Bay and the associated low-level frontal zone is able to get. 

Good Day Weather Fans,

High today - 59F

Low - 39 F

Current temp - 41F

Winds woke me up at 5 AM. Very windy day.

Snow is almost all gone now. a few patches left.

Take Aways from the past winter

• 3rd year on the ridge line. snowiest year yet.  Amazing as I feel it should have been better.  :snowing: 
  • really thought this winter was cooked in  December.  
  • cold was so much more impressive than last year. Polar Vortex 1 & 2 last year did not hold a stick to this year. This is what made the winter imop. Sorta feel bad for DT. Cold set in after he called winter was ova.
  • November storm was still my favorite and biggest storm. Still recall pulling home early from work to heavy snows. Tough drive up the hill to my house. Had to get out and inspect the road. tires slipping the entire way and going backwards.
  •  

Really hope this  sping/summer season imby can get in on some severe weather. last 2 years have been duds. Some decent storms, but nothing worth calling in storm reports to Mt Holly NWS. 

What am I looking forward to in the spring and summer.

Not much overall. Yea...a nice a soaker of 3-5 inches in rain is cool for weather weenies.

Cheers,

Happy Easter to those who celebrate!

Spent the afternoon in Kingston and mixed snow and rain started falling as we headed back to Poughkeepsie this evening. Was just reading on twitter and I see NYC was in the 60's today?! It was so raw and miserable up here, I don't think we got much above 45. Dreary spring days are the worst.

Happy Easter to those who celebrate!

Spent the afternoon in Kingston and mixed snow and rain started falling as we headed back to Poughkeepsie this evening. Was just reading on twitter and I see NYC was in the 60's today?! It was so raw and miserable up here, I don't think we got much above 45. Dreary spring days are the worst.

Happy Easter to you as well, I think I got up to 48. I did my yard clean up today, with all the twigs and small branches I rake up each year I'm amazed I have any trees at all, LOL.

A whole lotta meh out there, less than a half inch of rain this week too. If its going to be cloudy and cool it might as well rain. Who do I contact to work on this issue?

Kinda hoping the pattern stays like that another week, going to poconos next week lol. Just dont want a washout. Keep the drying trend going.

Archived