Newest Member
    joxey
Texas/New Mexico/Louisiana/Mexico Obs And Discussion Thread Part 7

wxmx

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Front is catching up.....

Front is still west of the dryline and you can see storms firing behind the dryline as the front moves in. Should see the remainder of the dryline go off as lift associated with front spreads over. Interestingly, the minimal tornado threat will be greater than if storms would've fired earlier along dryline. 

So the front is east of the dryline? I thought the dryline was the east thin line, and the front is the more broken line with some smaller showers ahead of it now a few counties behind the dryline? 

Ha... yes, front is west. Typos happen when holding a baby and not having slept much. Shows up nicely on radar now

CeRlss7VIAA-b2n.jpg

Ha... yes, front is west. Typos happen when holding a baby and not having slept much. Shows up nicely on radar now

CeRlss7VIAA-b2n.jpg

I defer to you on this. Just thought the secondary development was indicative of the front while the initial development was along the dry line. Was looking at humidity levels earlier and seemed good. I'm with you on baby stuff. That was me about 3 years ago. Managed to win that month in the contest in the main thread. Haha.

I defer to you on this. Just thought the secondary development was indicative of the front while the initial development was along the dry line. Was looking at humidity levels earlier and seemed good. I'm with you on baby stuff. That was me about 3 years ago. Managed to win that month in the contest in the main thread. Haha.

That is right, my post early got east/west mixed up. 

The front has just passed through Altus, OK. What we're seeing is pre-frontal forcing with the upper trough coming in, thus igniting things further on the dryline. The front should overtake it roughly right over the southern side of the Metroplex, which may enhance storms initially as they move over Dallas. 

The front has just passed through Altus, OK. What we're seeing is pre-frontal forcing with the upper trough coming in, thus igniting things further on the dryline. The front should overtake it roughly right over the southern side of the Metroplex, which may enhance storms initially as they move over Dallas. 

Thanks for clearing that up!

Unrelated, these 1 min scans are awesome!

8:50 pm

20koy0l.png

8:55 pm

28t3rd.png

So one min you are about to get slammed and then you pickup the split :lol:

Archived