SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Texas/New Mexico/Louisiana/Mexico Obs And Discussion Thread Part 7

wxmx

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Para Euro weeklies run through mid April and look wet the whole time. Also, DFW hasn't hit 80 yet this year and the weeklies sugest that might be hard to come by in March. Anyone know the latest first 80 degree day at DFW? I might have to dust off my python skills and dig into the data.

You can use "nowdata" (google it) to find first/last dates for an event. Hoping the GFS is right/underdone for us -

gfs_asnow_us_40.png

Will be very interesting to see which models are right about the MJO in the coming days -

NCPE_phase_21m_small.gif

ECMF_phase_MANOM_51m_small.gif

This is yet another independent entity calling for a wet March - 

Ccv7seBVIAAl54f.jpg

Everyone is either going to be very right or very wrong.

The Para Euro weeklies run through mid April and look wet the whole time. Also, DFW hasn't hit 80 yet this year and the weeklies sugest that might be hard to come by in March. Anyone know the latest first 80 degree day at DFW? I might have to dust off my python skills and dig into the data.

1968 would be a good bet at April 13th.

Looks like things will get active starting this weekend as a couple of impulses kick out as a big system digs into the SW. We could see some impressive rain totals for areas E. of I35.

Things have slowed down but the models did a good job of picking up on the pattern and potential for heavy rain. It is looking like 4-7"+ for areas of N. Texas.

Not much here but light rain. Hoping tonight's activity doesn't work the atmosphere over too much.

Yep, those storms are staying just NW of here. The HRRR is pretty much locked in on an overnight line moving through DFW in the early morning hours. That isn't always a bummer, could leave some boundaries around and the subsidence could give us some cloud free full sun hours during the day. Always a dicey situation but some of the more photogenic cells have fired on days like that, in recent memory. However, early March full sun isn't as powerful as May full sun. 

I wonder if FWD will send out a morning update or wait until later. Boundary locations and possibly an unusual dry line moving in from the south won't be resolved until later but could cause havoc across DFW.

Saw that the DP was down to around 54 at DFW.  Will be interesting to see if we can get a surge of moisture in here.

Pretty decent damage in my development of north Fort Worth from this morning. Lots of uprooted trees (small), new house being built (framing stage) blew down, fences down etc. It was very windy in Keller at my school. Hard to open the outside door.

Archived