joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter storm threat 2/21 - 2/22

JCT777

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Methinks I may have thrown in the towel too soon.  This now looks more like what I was hopeful of...a weaker system that tracks further south and brings more frozen than liquid QPF.  Of course, there's still time for things to change - but I think by tomorrow at 12z we should have a pretty good handle on it.

Is it going to be several inches of snow and left over freezing rain/drizzle with temps hanging around 32F or is it going to be largely squashed or even trend back north? Wacky winter

If you can answer that question now, you should play the lottery tonight!

I'm thinking there's going to be some fluctuation through 12z tomorrow, but at least it is back to holding interest as a potential decent snow threat.

Even w/the ice after several inches of snow I'll bolt and be thrilled...a couple key runs coming up.

Heck yeah! Especially considering how it looked yesterday. My goal is to get to next week with a relatively intact snowpack - it seems possible now (remember all we have down here is 4" of easy to melt powder except for some shady corners).

My hope going back to last weekend, for this week and next has been a nice spell of snowcover with occasional snowfalls mixed in, and the extra cold air is a bonus. A nice 2 week stretch of winter weather to wind down February with :-). (That's my wish for every winter actually!).

Wish this thing would hold off till later in the afternoon but not likely. Any snow around noon-1pm will melt on paved surfaces w/temps around 32 unless mod-heavy. (at least around here) Better than yesterday so can't really complain..

If the cloud cover comes in late at night or early am (remember temps will be in single digits Friday night), I don't think it will take much snow to start sticking, well maybe in normally sunny areas due to insolation, but certainly not in shady areas.

Archived