joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter storm threat 2/21 - 2/22

JCT777

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, let's see how the 00z models go.  We've definitely seen a trend toward a colder and even snowier solution.  I think a lot of folks are hoping to cash in as we get toward the end of this month.  Still, we all like to see that one big winter storm.  Just a lot of thread the needle deals thanks to the NAO and AO not being in the negative most of this winter.  

Wow… Lots of agreement with the 0Z models

And only 36 hours out from the event! And it doesn't appear that the local weather outlets are buying into it!?

I'm cautiously optimistic at this point....and definitely encouraged by the model trends! Can't really blame the weather outlets for holding back - let's see how things look tomorrow.

Updated snowfall forecast i put out this morning. Enjoy. I am concerned about the NAM/RGEM thump happening. 

StormTotalSnowRange.png

After the past few winters, this gradient looks, well, backwards.  Still concerned about threading the needle (aren't we always?) between organized enough for a good thump and too organized with a stronger southerly flow, but this looks reasonable given the latest guidance.

12Z runs will be huge. ;)

Archived