Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Late Weekend Storm Threat

IsentropicLift

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you should stop misinforming people. a 2-4" snow event would mean at least .2-.4 LE falling as snow for NYC. Where do you see that on the 0z GFS? Again, I am talking about NYC proper. Not Rockland or Northern Westchester or CT.

dude look at the map above. Just admit you were wrong and move on. I'm outta here I won't believe these models until Saturday yanksfan was mentioning this that the systems haven't even gotten sampled yet. Night everyone!

dude look at the map above. Just admit you were wrong and move on. I'm outta here I won't believe these models until Saturday ysnksfan was mentioning this that the systems haven't even gotten sampled yet. Night everyone!

None of these snow maps are accurate. Please check soundings. Most of the frozen QPF for the city itself is sleet/mixed 

dude look at the map above. Just admit you were wrong and move on. I'm outta here I won't believe these models until Saturday yanksfan was mentioning this that the systems haven't even gotten sampled yet. Night everyone!

Upton even mentioned that this afternoon. With the way these models have gone this winter, they shouldn't be trusted until the day before the event lol. NYC has a better shot at the storm on Monday than the overrunning on Sunday.

That doesn't make him a bad meteorologist though. He is calling for a big coastal storm during mid February.

I think anything at this point has a chance of verifying. Calling for a big coastal during mid February though is the equivalent of calling for a significant warmup in early April. Don't get me wrong, it's very possible, but definitely not a call that would stand out as being bold. In general, I think everyone's getting rather frustrated as we will begin to exit the heart of winter without a huge snowstorm

I think anything at this point has a chance of verifying. Calling for a big coastal during mid February though is the equivalent of calling for a significant warmup in early April. Don't get me wrong, it's very possible, but definitely not a call that would stand out as being bold.

It's not because our area usually gets big snowstorms in February. With the MJO in phase 7-8, I wouldn't be shocked if that happens.

except the blizzard didn't happen so wait a minute the models are saying no snow for now can that change? Absolutely!

My point is that the NWS tossed the CMC and the GFS (and others) in favor of the Euro and NAM for forecasting NYC snowfall. That didn't go so well. I think it's equally dangerous to simply toss the Canadian (again) and the NAM. Of course they can be wrong, and of course the whole thing can shift south. But I don't see how it's smart to toss a model. If the GFS had really shifted south, it would be one thing, but it didn't. Another bump or two north could still happen, too.

Archived