• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Clipper System 1/29-1/30

IsentropicLift

NWS is gung ho on all snow for LI, not sure I buy it, the soundings from most guidance show an above freezing layer of 1200-1800ft, it may be real tough for this to be all snow from JFK east, LGA west its probably all snow.  The RGEM still going fairly rainy east of that area as well.

That will be ZR- for LI south shore. Do not need that. Temps will be 31-32 with .1 inch of -ZR or -ZL.  I like Monday for an ideal track and 8-12 inches of snow. Most places near 10".  Looks like a good chance to me.  This is an all snow event.  Do you think we stay bitter cold wall to wall through 2/20 or 2/25, with tons of snow ??

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is just terrible analysis for Long Island . 

Nassau County

Precip arrives at

hour 42 6z  850  - 6  BL north shore is 33 -34 the south shore starts at 37 .1 falls 

hour 48 12z  850s -4  BL north shore 32 the south shore is 34 -35 in Nassau County .1 falls 

Suffolk county 

Precip arrives hour 48 12z  850 - 4 BL 35- 36 .1 falls 

Hour 54 18z 850 - 8 BL 33- 34 .1 falls 

Hour 60 0z 850 - 12 BL 29 .05 falls

Long Island is prob  1 to 2 , your ground is frozen as you have snow cover 850s are cold and dropping cooling will be take place . So what comes will freshen up your pack .The N shore is closer to 2 - the south shore closer 1. But too many people don`t realize the N shore of Suffolk county too many paint them as some warm spot , they do very well with clippers as this one will deepen once into New England 

You will not rain 

The 00z ECMWF shows the same solution. At 06z Friday the south shore of LI is almost 40F. Exactly what I said yesterday after the 12z run. If you have WxBell look at the 6hr snapshot valid 06z Friday on the high res.

The 00z ECMWF shows the same solution. At 06z Friday the south shore of LI is almost 40F. Exactly what I said yesterday after the 12z run. If you have WxBell look at the 6hr snapshot valid 06z Friday on the high res.

Makes sense with the clipper passing north, S or SW winds ahead of it off the warmer Atlantic-solution makes sense

The NAM has some enhanced precipitation for some of our area as the low gets going to our east, I'm sure SNE will be very happy with that outcome.

Edit; it's very minor right now but if it gets going a little quicker and a bit south it might add something.

The NAM has some enhanced precipitation for some of our area as the low gets going to our east, I'm sure SNE will be very happy with that outcome.

Edit; it's very minor right now but if it gets going a little quicker and a bit south it might add something.

Its somewhat of an anafrontal signature, its occurred before in that setup with a low forming to the east but usually you need more negative tilt to the trof

(Its somewhat of an anafrontal signature, its occurred before in that setup with a low forming to the east but usually you need more negative tilt to the trof)

Totally agree. Radar shows bulk to the north. I don't see more than a dusting in Union county NJ for this one.

When you look at accumulations on the 06z RGEM vs 12z RGEM they are still nearly identical and funny enough NYC still isn't the JP

rgem_asnow_neus_15.png

rgem_asnow_neus_13.png

You post maps trying to support your points... but the maps disprove your points! 12Z RGEM has much more snow verbatim for the 5 boros than 6Z.

/debate

Archived