• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Northern Ohio Obs/Discussion Part 2

Trent

Have been out at Punderson the last hour or so. Measured 6-7” here with occasionally moderate snow still ongoing. Roads actually aren’t bad out here…gotta love fluffy daytime snow in March. Had about 2” at home when I left. 

On 3/10/2024 at 8:00 AM, OHweather said:

The beauty of it is it'll be in the 60s Tuesday  - Friday! So this won't last long. As I'm sure everyone is shocked to hear, I will always root for the snow, but I've also enjoyed some of these very mild temperatures and look forward to them returning quickly. 

The band that dropped those 2-3" amounts in parts of Cuyahoga and Geauga with a surface trough axis fell apart before coming into here, I have about 0.5" so far. We should see WNW to NW flow lake enhancement set-up quickly through mid-morning, which will focus on the higher terrain, and then subside quickly this evening. 

6.1" total IMBY. Should melt quickly today with full sun and temps in the 40's. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, LakeEffectOH said:

Anybody care to guess what the weather will be like on Eclipse Day (4/8)?

According to one Wx vendor, precipitation is expected to be above normal during the first half of April. :yikes:

C'mon, early April in Northeast Ohio is always so nice :lol:. Really hoping we can catch a break with clear skies... but I would put that in the possible but not probable category. 

2 hours ago, NEOH said:

C'mon, early April in Northeast Ohio is always so nice :lol:. Really hoping we can catch a break with clear skies... but I would put that in the possible but not probable category. 

Well, I've noticed the nicest day of the week is usually Monday, and the eclipse falls on a Monday, so...that may help us.  A little...:lmao:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

The rain and majority of the clouds cleared out pretty quickly this morning.   With just scattered clouds this afternoon , we should have pretty good eclipse viewing!

Definitely a big change from this morning. Perfectly clear skies right now. Maybe some high clouds but a great view.