Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,272
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Iceberg
    Newest Member
    Iceberg
    Joined

Northern Ohio Obs/Discussion Part 2


Trent
 Share

Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, NEOH said:

Snowing pretty heavily out there this morning. Nice band set-up along the lakeshore counties and looks to persist for awhile. 

Nice steady snow out there this morning.  Probably will be a cut off just SE of here, as there has been a persistent area of better snows here and NW.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Snow melt is under way. There's a very dense snowpack out there so its going to take some time. Didn't take long for the ice to break up on lake erie. The ice growth got off to a late start and didn't have time to thicken... not to mention we are dealing with a mid October sun angle at this point. 

 

 

COD.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, NEOH said:

Snow melt is under way. There's a very dense snowpack out there so its going to take some time. Didn't take long for the ice to break up on lake erie. The ice growth got off to a late start and didn't have time to thicken... not to mention we are dealing with a mid October sun angle at this point. 

 

 

COD.jpg

Getting our first taste of 50 and sun today feels great.   

Even if we do come in below normal in snowfall, I feel the winter was one of the better ones we've had in several years. No banner lake effect snows, but alot of smaller ones + 2 big December system/lake enhanced snows. Not to mention no big winter thaw this year allowed for a good period of snow cover.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/24/2021 at 10:40 AM, dta1984 said:

Getting our first taste of 50 and sun today feels great.   

Even if we do come in below normal in snowfall, I feel the winter was one of the better ones we've had in several years. No banner lake effect snows, but alot of smaller ones + 2 big December system/lake enhanced snows. Not to mention no big winter thaw this year allowed for a good period of snow cover.   

Going to be a while before the Rocky River thaws and we can get back to Steelhead fishing!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, HighTechEE said:

Going to be a while before the Rocky River thaws and we can get back to Steelhead fishing!

Yep. Lots of ice on the rivers but it should melt quickly over the next couple of days. We still have snow on the ground out in the Chagrin area. Its pretty crusty at this point though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, WHEATCENT said:

go figure that during the artic outbreak in February we were one of the warmest spots in the midwest, and now we struggle to warm. temps trending down even for the weekend especially along the lake :arrowhead: 

 


 

The lake temp is still around 40 degrees at this point. The immediate lakeshore is a cruel location until May. Glad to live inland. I thought Feb was a great month... continuous snow cover without frigid temps. Hopefully the snow in the forecast tonight fails... I'm done for the season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, dta1984 said:

Wintry out there this morning.  3.25" on the deck. 

I was really hoping to be done with the snow. Intense snow bands rolling through now. Probably over 4" total... but a lot of melting throughout the day. Hopefully this is the last of it for the season. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, NEOH said:

I was really hoping to be done with the snow. Intense snow bands rolling through now. Probably over 4" total... but a lot of melting throughout the day. Hopefully this is the last of it for the season. 

Right at 5" total, rather sneaky event as these late season ones tend to be.  Agreed, let's move on to spring. I've still got alot of clean up to do from the early December storm  Grass starting to green up, could be an early first mow this year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NEOH said:

Spring is definitely well ahead of schedule -- I'd say by two weeks or so. Grass is growing and trees budding... even some small leaves starting to appear. Great Spring so far. 

Seems like we're finally getting a nice spring.  We either get cold and snowy, or warm and wet.  This spring has been mostly warm and allowed for green up well ahead of schedule.  Still have parts of the property that are decently wet, but should be cutting at least some grass within the next week I would think (pending any additional rain).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, WHEATCENT said:

This Mornings GFS is crazy over us lol

Ya things are trending favorably (or unfavorably...) for NE Ohio.  I'd prefer to get on with spring, but if it's going to snow, let's go all in .  Possible lake enhancement showing as well.  A few inches + are looking possible...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, dta1984 said:

Ya things are trending favorably (or unfavorably...) for NE Ohio.  I'd prefer to get on with spring, but if it's going to snow, let's go all in .  Possible lake enhancement showing as well.  A few inches + are looking possible...

Definitely unfavorable trends. Hard pass on the snow at this point. We had enough tree/shrub damage from the early December storm. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, NEOH said:

Definitely unfavorable trends. Hard pass on the snow at this point. We had enough tree/shrub damage from the early December storm. 

True, I'm still doing clean up from that storm.  Oddly enough, this is the second year we have had no snow in March and a snowy April.  5" so far this year with the 4/1 snow  (8" last year).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

NWS point forecast has me at 3–5". Really impressive if we hit toward the upper end of that. But I want no part in any of this late season snow. So long as those Alaskan and Greenland ridges remain through the rest of month, there won't be any major warmups. Things look to turn warm again as we head into the first week of May as both those features give way. I feel pretty confident that this should be our last accumulating snow and most likely the last flakes of the year for most/all here in N OH.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...