SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
11/26-27/2014 Coastal Storm Banter

SR Airglow

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a system of gauging whether a storm is looking better or worse without even opening the thread: make note of how many posts in the storm thread just before going to sleep after 00z GFS, then see how many more posts there are when I wake up at 3-4 to feed the animals. Anything under 15-20 new posts = Dr. No strikes again.

It has yet to fail me.

It's still too far out to really know other than waiting for the Euro to see how it trends.

It's a complex setup and we aren't close enough to really make an accurate assessment of the atmosphere outside of what the models say it will look like.

Thanks. Having a threat to track this early is pretty great.

Gun to head, as a pure gambler's guess, what do you think the euro does?

I would say it shifts east, by how much is the wildcard. I don't think its going any further west.

Like will said earlier. Subtle changes here and there early on can have big changes to the storm as a whole.

Every piece of guidance, crappy or semi reliable seems to have shifted east or been east in general with this set of runs.

If nothing else we had a nice couple of hours between the gfs and euro if Dr no strikes again lol

I expect a minor shift east, it's not exactly known for wild swings towards other guidance.

Truthfully, I expect it to shift east *just* far enough to make the forecast as excruciatingly difficult as possible for the I-95 corridor. Y'know, where the most rage-prone viewers live.

Would it end up any different on the biggest travel day of the year? Lol

I see this banter thread hasn't received as much love. I formally declare that I respect this thread's right to exist, and that the euro will shift east tonight.

The innocent people of New England will rise from their slumbers to be confronted by an ominous forecast, the looming terror of that four letter word draping itself over the masses. Confused and angry citizens will begin their desperate dash for turkey and milk, butterballs spoiling in the endless traffic come Tuesday and Wednesday, and at least dear brothers and sisters....

We shall have our white thanksgiving.

Btw, nice to see that you've returned skisheep.

Really glad I'm coming home on Tuesday and not Wednesday, good timing on booking that train ticket for sure(Although it takes a hell of a lot of snow to shut down the Acela).

I see this banter thread hasn't received as much love. I formally declare that I respect this thread's right to exist, and that the euro will shift east tonight.

The innocent people of New England will rise from their slumbers to be confronted by an ominous forecast, the looming terror of that four letter word draping itself over the masses. Confused and angry citizens will begin their desperate dash for turkey and milk, butterballs spoiling in the endless traffic come Tuesday and Wednesday, and at least dear brothers and sisters....

We shall have our white thanksgiving.

Btw, nice to see that you've returned skisheep.

Thanks, glad to be back. 

Dont want to clog the main thread.

1-2 is my call here. Probably at the very end. Also could see it ending up as nothing more than wet flakes or a slushy coating

Any further tickles east on the euro, which I personally believe are likely (pure modelology here), and you'll need to bump those numbers up.

Eastern areas are pretty close to something more plowable, particularly if the GFS has the right

Idea.

Archived