• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: End of Fall/Into Winter!

Get some video. Always love to see new places with whiteout conditions.

My damn S4 is malfunctioning on me as when I go to use the video its saying Camera Failed to launch so gotta take it into VW to get her looked at!

Anyway, This is exactly why I am so intrigued by LES as its virtually impossible to forecast within 24hrs, at best!  No one spoke of a single intense band effecting portions of the N-CNY area (except Me, lol) yesterday, so as far as I'm concerned both KBGM and KBUF dropped the hammer on this one as this extreme weather was not expected.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Down to 9.9 F with intermittent light snow and lots of blowing snow. The latest installment of "deep freeze 2015" begins...can't wait for Sunday. Will we stay below 0???

I think we definitely stay below!  A fresh batch of snow to further escalate the situation so I think its a lock to remain below the great goose egg!  Last time we failed to crack 0 was back in 04'

Just got home, not much going on in liverpool but from Rt 31 north, snowing pretty good even though the lake band looks to have shifted north of Fulton...****s really drifting out there also.

Sure is bro!  They have drifted to the North but there is quite a bit of cluttered snow squalls surrounding the main band.  Although, nowhere near as heavy, the snow still seems to be falling at varying intensities but the wind is wicked outside this band and the drifting is incredible in some spots with drifts exceeding 6ft in spots easily, so I can just imagine whats going on up in the Boston area with yet another on the way and perhaps a few more, lol, what a pattern and Winter as a whole for them.  Definitely Historic thats for sure!

We have places to put the snow where as Boston Proper doesn't.

Short fused Lake Snow Warning now up for Oswego County....

And another day, another Blizzard Watch for Boston.

If the Tuesday night/Wednesday storm ends up another New England only event I'm gonna start pulling my hair out lol. The long wave pattern is in our favor though with position of the UL ridge across western NA.. I highly doubt this one goes wide right for most of us despite the eastward trend in the model today.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised at what a solid Northerly flow of -20 850's will do for us. Ontario will be spitting out snow for many hours Thursday night into Friday and then again Sat night into Sunday. This will be very low topped stuff, likely well below the radars viewing angle but it will lead to a snowy weekend for many of us on the south shore. I'm sure the flake quality will be very low with the forcecasted temperatures and poor dendritic growth, so actual accumulations will be subjective.

Sunday morning looks real good to me. Lots of synoptics moisture hanging back with a nearly perfect Northerly fetch for those of us in the ROC.

In all seriousness though. What is happening in Boston with the next Blizzard with that much snow on the ground in Maine and Mass is historic. This is a once in 500 year event I think unfolding. 2-5' of snow on the ground with 60+ MPH winds + 1-2 feet of new snow. This is the blizzard of 77 impacting millions and millions of people. People will talk about this year for decades to come.This is a very dangerous situation, and the entire east coast from Boston to Maine should shut down completely for this one.

In all seriousness though. What is happening in Boston with the next Blizzard with that much snow on the ground in Maine and Mass is historic. This is a once in 500 year event I think unfolding. 2-5' of snow on the ground with 60+ MPH winds + 1-2 feet of new snow. This is the blizzard of 77 impacting millions and millions of people. People will talk about this year for decades to come.This is a very dangerous situation, and the entire east coast from Boston to Maine should shut down completely for this one.

Meh, it's just a flesh wound. ;)

That's why I have a 4x4 jeep. Let them eat cake. Or snowballs. ;)

The only winters that likely came close to what Boston is currently experiencing were the winters of 1717, 1747-48 and 1798-99, at least according to David Ludlum's early American Winters.

Wonder the what the chances are for winter storm watches for late Sat. and Sat night for counties south of LO. Winter weather advisories seem a given.

If we had NWS BOX issuing our forecasts we'd be under a Blizzard watch for days. I'd think a high end advisory is probably warranted.

Huskys don't give a sh*t. They're pretty badass. #honeybadgers

Saber out in the snow tonight. I forced him to get inside...he was quite comfy out in the heavy snow and near zero temps.

I love huskies and plan on getting a puppy soon. Will be buying a house in the next few years most likely in an even better snow location. (currently rent) Was thinking the northern portions of the Boston Hills.

Archived