Newest Member
    joxey
July 27 Severe Weather Threat

Dsnowx53

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We would have probably had severe wind reports and maybe even a tornado

if that meso had rolled through during peak heating of the day.

..TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON...
..DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....
..REMARKS..

0341 AM MARINE TSTM WIND 1 NW GILGO BEACH 40.63N 73.41W
07/28/2014 M40 MPH SUFFOLK NY MESONET

35 KT WIND GUST ON THE GREAT SOUTH BAY

Tom. Seriously no joke . That was as good a light show one can ask for. Curious to see how places like Jackson Asbury and Brick etc did. A good 30 mins of super close strikes.

Yeah man that was the type of storm where Id probably be afraid if caught outside. Very impressive lightning.

Can`t say we haven`t had our chances this Summer . ( Anywhere West of the Meadowbrook Pkwy )

Yea paul west of the suffolk border the chances have been pretty frequent. Last night for me it was just some rain and a little lightning and rumble of thunder or two. This week looks beautiful otherwise

Yea paul west of the suffolk border the chances have been pretty frequent. Last night for me it was just some rain and a little lightning and rumble of thunder or two. This week looks beautiful otherwise

Very true just to you're west we have had a decent season. Last nights thunder was incredible. Woke up my entire family! We even had a true severe storm earlier this month at jones beach with winds 60 plus!

Very true just to you're west we have had a decent season. Last nights thunder was incredible. Woke up my entire family! We even had a true severe storm earlier this month at jones beach with winds 60 plus!

OKAY! Stop rubbing it in :lol: this has to be the most painlful and dissapointing several years for severe weather for me personally 100% of the storms die just before they get to my area and have to settle for a little rain, lightning and thunder. You guys who miss a severe storm and still get a nice show dont complain, i get NOTHINGA exciting here

Archived