joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
5th Annual Lawn/Garden Thread warm season 2014

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing wrong with that.  You need to have good soil in order to have a nice lawn.  I've used that in the past.  Another way is to put down a thin layer of compost/top soils (1/4") over the entire lawn.

Yeah I think my yard definitely could use a product like that.

I'll grab that greenup stuff tomorrow.

Yeah I think my yard definitely could use a product like that.

I'll grab that greenup stuff tomorrow.

The compost/topsoil should be relatively short money.  Just figure out how many square feet of lawn you have and you determine how many cubic yards you need.  Cost should be around $20/cuyd.

The compost/topsoil should be relatively short money.  Just figure out how many square feet of lawn you have and you determine how many cubic yards you need.  Cost should be around $20/cuyd.

Oh I meant the love your lawn stuff...but yeah the top soil stuff is a good idea.

Oh I meant the love your lawn stuff...but yeah the top soil stuff is a good idea.

Oops, my bad.  Yeah, anytime you can add organic matter to your soil, it's a good thing.  Build up all the microorganisms in the soil to create the proper chemistry to grow a healthy lawn.  That's why I was doing the compost teas and Alfalfa pellets.

Oops, my bad.  Yeah, anytime you can add organic matter to your soil, it's a good thing.  Build up all the microorganisms in the soil to create the proper chemistry to grow a healthy lawn.  That's why I was doing the compost teas and Alfalfa pellets.

I have an area that is ledgy and near some oaks...and then another area near the street that seems absent of any good stuff like that. Hoping this stuff works. I know it was dry at times last summer..but those areas areas were hard packed it seemed...and just had trouble growing some good grass. I think it just needs some more development, better roots, and some material on the topsoil to help soften the soil up.

Will be one of the best investments time/money you've ever made..

Results + time savings = Gold

Ha, well I think what I'm doing now will be pretty good. Kind of pumped to see how it turns out. I think the wild card is watering this summer. I spent a fortune watering last year and my front yard was scorched. Hopefully some periodic natural watering.

Oh wow, really? On 139?

120 Corporate Park Dr, Pembroke, MA 02359

(781) 829-4800

Left off the exit, left into the industrial park.  Right on Corporate park drive.  At the end of the street.

They're only open until 5 pm and a half day I think on Saturday. Call ahead.  If anything I believe the Dimension itself is worth its weight in gold for keeping crab grass down. 

They also sell a double eagle blend grass seed that's the balls. It's not full of weeds like the home depot stuff.  A friend of mine did his whole back yard in their parks and soccer field blend grass seed.  It's way hardier than a normal grass seed.

120 Corporate Park Dr, Pembroke, MA 02359 (781) 829-4800

Left off the exit, left into the industrial park. Right on Corporate park drive. At the end of the street.

They're only open until 5 pm and a half day I think on Saturday. Call ahead. If anything I believe the Dimension itself is worth its weight in gold for keeping crab grass down.

They also sell a double eagle blend grass seed that's the balls. It's not full of weeds like the home depot stuff. A friend of mine did his whole back yard in their parks and soccer field blend grass seed. It's way hardier than a normal grass seed.

Yep I know where that park is. Cool, thanks man. I might do that.

(781) 829-4800

Left off the exit, left into the industrial park.  Right on Corporate park drive.  At the end of the street.

They're only open until 5 pm and a half day I think on Saturday. Call ahead.  If anything I believe the Dimension itself is worth its weight in gold for keeping crab grass down. 

They also sell a double eagle blend grass seed that's the balls. It's not full of weeds like the home depot stuff.  A friend of mine did his whole back yard in their parks and soccer field blend grass seed.  It's way hardier than a normal grass seed.

I never understand why manufacturers sell a crappier brand of their product-ruins the brand.

I never understand why manufacturers sell a crappier brand of their product-ruins the brand.

Because if Scotts sells weeds and sawdust to Joe Schmo homeowner, he then buys weed killer and lawn patch.  Great business model until people wise up and do some research.  

(781) 829-4800

I went there today and grabbed some since I was giving my father a hand with cutting down some sh*t. Man, I'm still amazed at the damage from the Feb blizzard last year. I can't believe how much stuff got blown down and uprooted. It doesn't look bad when everything is leafed out, but when it's bare like it is now..it looks awful.

I went there today and grabbed some since I was giving my father a hand with cutting down some sh*t. Man, I'm still amazed at the damage from the Feb blizzard last year. I can't believe how much stuff got blown down and uprooted. It doesn't look bad when everything is leafed out, but when it's bare like it is now..it looks awful.

3A right before Ferry St  in Vegas looks like a bomb went off.  I'm cleaning up downed pines in my yard from the previous owner. Big huge 100 ft+ white pines just left everywhere.

3A right before Ferry St  in Vegas looks like a bomb went off.  I'm cleaning up downed pines in my yard from the previous owner. Big huge 100 ft+ white pines just left everywhere.

Yeah, right? I wasn't joking when I said whole swaths were leveled. It's astonishing.

Archived