• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 20-22 winter storm

snowstormcanuck

north isn't necessarily a bad thing for us. GEM and now the EURO look decent here. Wyandotte snow magnet should kick in at some point so don't worry.

I was just giving you some crap.  I actually think we are not too bad off yet with this one.  The threat is still there and really that is what matters this far out.

Main band is just to our north. And is that 0.46" all frozen?

Here's the 12Z Euro text data:

ECMWF Deterministic FORECAST FOR: YYZ    LAT=  43.67 LON=  -79.63 ELE=   568

12Z MAR18

2 M     850     SFC     SFC     700    6 HR     500    1000

TMP     TMP     PRS     RHU     RHU     QPF     HGT     500

©     ©    (MB)    (PCT)   (PCT)   (IN)    (DM)     THK

SAT 00Z 22-MAR   0.4    -6.3    1013      70      36    0.00     542     532    

SAT 06Z 22-MAR  -2.4    -3.8    1007      83      98    0.01     539     533    

SAT 12Z 22-MAR  -2.1    -7.0    1001      92      63    0.39     527     526    

SAT 18Z 22-MAR   2.0    -9.1    1012      57      75    0.06     532     523    

SUN 00Z 23-MAR  -3.1    -9.5    1017      77      79    0.00     532     518

Because this us gonna be a 13"+ storm anywhere? doubt it. Models are even worse in transition seasons. Yikes lol.

Well I didn't say it would or wouldn't (potential is there of course). :lol:

But I was merely stating that the magnet doesn't seem to work when it comes to those types of snows, if this were to become one.

Well I didn't say it would or wouldn't (potential is there of course). :lol:

But I was merely stating that the magnet doesn't seem to work when it comes to those types of snows, if this were to become one.

The potential isn't there for over 12" amounts. This system is going to be moving too fast.

The potential isn't there for over 12" amounts. This system is going to be moving too fast.

Even with the relatively fast movement, these frontogenesis events combined with the amount of convective instability that will be in place aloft can overachieve nicely in areas with the best banding.

So I won't say the potential isn't there.

Even with the relatively fast movement, these frontogenesis events combined with the amount of convective instability that will be in place aloft can overachieve nicely in areas with the best banding.

So I won't say the potential isn't there.

I would, 12" on something that is moving this quickly would be extremely surprising.

All I care about is enough snow to break that record, or at least enough to inch us closer. Anything is welcome.

Starting to look iffy ...  :yikes:  ... lots of cold but precip is lacking when it is cold ... yes there is still time but this is beginning to remind me of 07-08 when Flint fell 0.1" away from the record... <_<

The possibility of a minor ice storm Friday night across a swath of S ON including the GTA is becoming something to watch.  Both the NAM and GGEM have pockets of 7-10mm of ice accretion and some strong winds.  That combined with the weakened trees from the destructive ice storm in December could be interesting. I_nw_g1_EST_2014031912_066.png

Archived