• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/17-3/18 Storm Threat Discussion

Zelocita Weather

It looks ok. You don't know what that trough will do though. If it stays positive than the storm will shear out. We need negative

Im also not a fan of the trough closing off that far west and south. If that happens we are going to need another s/w to energize it 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That southern shortwave is going to escape east again on the GFS; not much in the way of improvements vs 18z, at least through hour 60. I think we really need that piece to get involved and sort of "tug" the whole system east before too much energy can get lost in Mexico. Maybe the northern stream will be able to pull it off.

The PV really isn't the factor which is causing the bad GFS runs, its how the GFS handles the energy around 48-60 hours down around Texas. All of the other guidance has this shortwave farther west and phases it with the energy coming from Canada...GFS kicks it east...I imagine if the GGEM/EURO hold tonight the GFS will continue to gradually cave. 

UKMET looks amazing FWIW. 

The PV really isn't the factor which is causing the bad GFS runs, its how the GFS handles the energy around 48-60 hours down around Texas. All of the other guidance has this shortwave farther west and phases it with the energy coming from Canada...GFS kicks it east...I imagine if the GGEM/EURO hold tonight the GFS will continue to gradually cave.

UKMET looks amazing FWIW.

any other details on the ukie u care to expand on? I'm with you...72 hrs looks great.

With the GGEM track I imagine its not all snow for Philly, idk about NYC...I gotta wait for the precip type maps to come out....

So far..UKMET/GGEM/NAM vs. GFS

I see a nice positioned 1030mb high on the ggem, my guess is it's pretty snowy

Archived