wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014

Animal

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would highly doubt an eastern trend, that would mean a full reversal in most major model trends, I would expect the models to stay their ground now or tick west with each run till the narrow in

Some of the SREFS were soo amped that it was showing rain for the coast. I believe one in particular was showing 42" @ POU lol

Some of the SREFS were soo amped that it was showing rain for the coast. I believe one in particular was showing 42" @ POU lol

We both know the SREF's busted badly at least a few times last winter, but I'd sign up for this run. If you take out the runs with no snow and take out the 42 incher, you still get a mean of 18".

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/sref/fplumes/index.php?YMD=20150124&RT=21&PRM=Total-SNO&SID=POU&INC=ALL&NNC=&max=&min=&mZOOM=8&mLAT=41.45070723464299&mLON=-72.68973983154297&mTYP=roadmap

We both know the SREF's busted badly at least a few times last winter, but I'd sign up for this run. If you take out the runs with no snow and take out the 42 incher, you still get a mean of 18".

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/sref/fplumes/index.php?YMD=20150124&RT=21&PRM=Total-SNO&SID=POU&INC=ALL&NNC=&max=&min=&mZOOM=8&mLAT=41.45070723464299&mLON=-72.68973983154297&mTYP=roadmap

Oh I completely agree with you in regards to their inaccuracy but one has to notice the major red flag when the NAM gives zilch yet the majority of the SREF members are not only left of the mean but give us a major storm. Time wil tell

Oh I completely agree with you in regards to their inaccuracy but one has to notice the major red flag when the NAM gives zilch yet the majority of the SREF members are not only left of the mean but give us a major storm. Time wil tell

Totally agree. I think the Euro will confirm in an hour that it's "game on" for this storm. Everything is leaning that way at this point. 

Verbatim on the Euro, snow starts Monday early afternoon, heaviest overnight Monday into mid afternoon Tuesday, then tapers off early Wednesday morning. We wouldn't meet blizzard criteria from what I can tell, looks like 15-25 sustained with maybe some gusts to 35-40. Surface temps in high teens to low 20's. I wouldn't be surprised to see Blizzard Watches for at least eastern LI though.

Verbatim on the Euro, snow starts Monday early afternoon, heaviest overnight Monday into mid afternoon Tuesday, then tapers off early Wednesday morning. We wouldn't meet blizzard criteria from what I can tell, looks like 15-25 sustained with maybe some gusts to 35-40. Surface temps in high teens to low 20's. I wouldn't be surprised to see Blizzard Watches for at least eastern LI though.

It's tough for many of us to actually meet the official blizzard criteria up here but that's never stopped us from having one heck of a good storm even if it's not a 'blizzard'. Isn't funny how you and I were mentioning the other day that we liked this threat better than the one we just had...dumb luck on my part, LOL.

Woof ... That image makes me happy inside. Yeah the ride home from work on Monday should be "fun" and then I'm off on Tuesday so get to play in the snow all day!  Then I come full circle when I realize that I must be in the city at 8am on Wednesday.  That should be a fun drive in a car with 4.5" of clearance  :axe:

It's tough for many of us to actually meet the official blizzard criteria up here but that's never stopped us from having one heck of a good storm even if it's not a 'blizzard'. Isn't funny how you and I were mentioning the other day that we liked this threat better than the one we just had...dumb luck on my part, LOL.

It's funny, a strong threat was showing up on the ensembles (the Euro for sure and I think the GEFS too) several days ago for Monday/Tuesday (I think it was day 9 at the time, so about a week ago). Then it disappeared and today's storm took center stage. But that stuck out in my mind.

Once this storm passes, two more potential threats, Friday/Saturday and again on Sunday. Friday looks like possibly another Miller B type storm, Sunday perhaps more of your garden variety clipper. The cold following that is intense. Both the Euro and GFS have lows well below zero on Monday and/or Tuesday. As I said this morning, it should be a fun two week or more stretch. 

It's funny, a strong threat was showing up on the ensembles (the Euro for sure and I think the GEFS too) several days ago for Monday/Tuesday (I think it was day 9 at the time, so about a week ago). Then it disappeared and today's storm took center stage. But that stuck out in my mind.

Once this storm passes, two more potential threats, Friday/Saturday and again on Sunday. Friday looks like possibly another Miller B type storm, Sunday perhaps more of your garden variety clipper. The cold following that is intense. Both the Euro and GFS have lows well below zero on Monday and/or Tuesday. As I said this morning, it should be a fun two week or more stretch.

Agreed, could be a historic week for many, you don't see me up this late often looking at models, LOL. Here's to this virtual storm becoming reality!

I know I'm not the only one who needs more sleep already, LOL. It sure looks like some folks to our east are going to get something epic. I'm just hoping for a double digit snowfall with blowing and drifting.

if the euro has anything to say about it the heaviest snowfall of the storm will be centered over most the lower Hudson valley, and 5buroughs, it's been a while since everyone on this board was expect a foot and a half lol

if the euro has anything to say about it the heaviest snowfall of the storm will be centered over most the lower Hudson valley, and 5buroughs, it's been a while since everyone on this board was expect a foot and a half lol

If the 12z euro today comes in the same, I might go get some adult diapers.   :lmao:

Not that it matters yet, but by the time that real deal cold hits next week the pack should be so deep that we may see lows rarely seen around here.

Oh I'm with you, I made a comment on this too. Not to mention I love a snowstorm on top of a snowpack already in place. Looks like we could build a decent pack now.

Good morning! As this storm gets closer and closer to reality I just wanna say it's been a pleasure on this sub forum, very classy. With that said last nights euro run looked more like an over amped nam putting me at about 36-42 inches lol

Always classy here. At the moment, the children in the main nyc forum are calm and have stopped the nonsense because it appears that their "fix" is coming.

Archived