gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014

Animal

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I originally had said 4-8" a couple days ago was my guess, then it looked like that was a major stretch, now it looks possible again. But I'm still a bit skeptical that the best dynamics make it this far north (Poughkeepsie area), so I'm going with 3-6" as a final call. I will say that MBY specifically will end up around 4-5" or so.

Rather underwhelming NAM run there for the northern and western parts of the region. The low almost takes a jog more east than northeast between 15 and 18z before moving northeast again, effectively shutting off precipitation after a front end dump of like 3-5". It then tries to develop a CCB but it's too late and too far south and east for most of us. 

Rather underwhelming NAM run there for the northern and western parts of the region. The low almost takes a jog east between 15 and 18z before moving northeast again, effectively shutting off precipitation after a front end dump of like 3-5". It then tries to develop a CCB but it's too late and too far south and east for most of us.

I doubt it will verify just like that

Rather underwhelming NAM run there for the northern and western parts of the region. The low almost takes a jog east between 15 and 18z before moving northeast again, effectively shutting off precipitation after a front end dump of like 3-5". It then tries to develop a CCB but it's too late and too far south and east for most of us. 

here you go. sim rad looks decent. expect moderate snow in your area at some point. 15 miles north of you will be on the fence.

Maybe you don't get 10 inches, but expect at a min 6 for you.

post-326-0-83296200-1422065979_thumb.gif

post-326-0-26508500-1422066055_thumb.gif

Im just happy to get a nice enough snow to freshen the landscape and make the ugly bare ground/ ice crud disappear from sight. Nothing like a brand new blanket of white gold!

I agree. My yard is still a complete skating rink from last Sunday. I'm hoping the snow with the marginal temperatures will help with that thick layer of ice that's everywhere.

Lagunitas IPA six pack and under a Winter Storm Warning...life is good  :drunk:

Ooh have you tried the new Sierra Nevada Beer Camp?  Yummy  :)

I love me a jebwalk..

I'm thinking right around sunrise should be perfect.  It should be snowin and blowin just about right.

Maybe, maybe not. We'll see what happens. Based on the early data tonight, looks like Animal over through Bx Engine and gravitylover might be the big winners in this subforum.

I'll take that! 

Ooh have you tried the new Sierra Nevada Beer Camp?  Yummy  :)

I have not yet but someone else told me the same thing last week (the hoppy lager one). I'll have to get my hands on some.

Looks like we are in a good spot for this storm...I figure we come away with 6-9 or so

Guest Patrick

good idea!

Looking to our southwest... I wonder if we see thundersnow

pouring snow now on the mountain.

may take the dogs out.

Archived