Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014

Animal

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pattern change starts the 15th per thread in this forum.

I sort like the current pattern.

Definitely looks like after the next week, things should ramp up fairly quickly, I was just commenting on the lack of anything significant prior to that time frame. The weekend before Christmas holds a little promise.

Hopefully we can keep the coastal huggers coming. Im already at 13.6" for the season :)

Lock in the coastal hugger track for the season and we'll be in business once the cold is better established. 

Hopefully we can keep the coastal huggers coming. Im already at 13.6" for the season :)

Heh... we're in good shape until the SNE forum starts rejoicing. 15.6" here so far, compared with 4.2" this time last year. Assuming this year stays proportional to last year, I'm set for 229.5". If only!

I do like the looks of the storm on the 21st though. Been a while since I've had a good snowstorm on my birthday.

Heh... we're in good shape until the SNE forum starts rejoicing. 15.6" here so far, compared with 4.2" this time last year. Assuming this year stays proportional to last year, I'm set for 229.5". If only!

I do like the looks of the storm on the 21st though. Been a while since I've had a good snowstorm on my birthday.

Nice! My bday is for some reason a snow magnet.. Jan 25

I always get skunked on my birthday.

Hey Rob.. Was over by your area today. Man other than some snow piles from the T-day storm there is nothing on the ground there. I think yesterday had more to do with where banding set up and less about elevation. If you take 84 West you will start to see traces of fresh snow near exit 3 and that area is roughly 500' or so.

Hey Rob.. Was over by your area today. Man other than some snow piles from the T-day storm there is nothing on the ground there. I think yesterday had more to do with where banding set up and less about elevation. If you take 84 West you will start to see traces of fresh snow near exit 3 and that area is roughly 500' or so.

Tell me something that I don't already know... :drunk:   I've started a dirt pile in my back yard, I'm hoping to get my elevation above 500 feet for starters...but I agree about the banding yesterday.   At least the snow guns are in operation again in the park, I had 3-4 feet of fresh snow on Monday morning in my "backyard".

Tell me something that I don't already know... :drunk:   I've started a dirt pile in my back yard, I'm hoping to get my elevation above 500 feet for starters...but I agree about the banding yesterday.   At least the snow guns are in operation again in the park, I had 3-4 feet of fresh snow on Monday morning in my "backyard".

lol.. Are you right off 211? 

My wifes is jan 26th and i dont remember it snowing much on that date either in the 16 yrs we been together. Think there has been flurries or maybe a coating but not an advisory or warning level  that i can remember. 

This past january 25th produced 2-4" up here.. On the same day in 2013 it produced a low end advisory event for LI. On the 21th in 2012 it produced a low end warning event up here. In 2011 on the 25th we had an advisory event for up here. In 2010 on the 25th we had a big rain maker roughly 1-2" region wide. On the 28th in 2009 we had a high end advisory event for up here. On the 23rd in 2006 we had a high end advisory event up here. 2005 on the 21th we had 12-15" up here & the 25th had an advisory event. 2004 on the 28th we had 8-12" up here. I can go on lol.. Basically on the week of the 25th it likes to snow!

Very quiet in here! Chilly day with some scattered flurries in the area this evening. Looks like sunny and seasonable weekend.

Way out there but day 9-10 continues to look interesting, lots of support for a decent storm. The OP Euro brings a low over KNYC, but the majority of the ensembles take the low offshore closer to the BM. Para GFS and GFS ensembles look fairly similar. Definitely something to watch going forward.

Very quiet in here! Chilly day with some scattered flurries in the area this evening. Looks like sunny and seasonable weekend.

Way out there but day 9-10 continues to look interesting, lots of support for a decent storm. The OP Euro brings a low over KNYC, but the majority of the ensembles take the low offshore closer to the BM. Para GFS and GFS ensembles look fairly similar. Definitely something to watch going forward.

I actually picked up a light coating from a snow shower last evening. It seems like long term some good pieces are starting to fall into place but after this weeks storm my trust in the models is even less than normal but that doesn't stop me from hoping they are on to something.

The parallel GFS is a heck of a snowstorm west of the river on Sunday... dryslotting and temp issues would be problematic as you head further east.

This seems to be the theme early on this winter. Coastal huggers crashing into LI SNE. Man its been such a long time since we had a winter pattern like this. Hopefully this can last through the winter 

This seems to be the theme early on this winter. Coastal huggers crashing into LI SNE. Man its been such a long time since we had a winter pattern like this. Hopefully this can last through the winter 

Over the next 15 days we evolve into a  neg EPO  neg PNA pattern you are going to ARCTIC waves and they will favor the coast .

Right now these storms are aimed at you , but it changes once into Jan . You guys should finish with AN snow , but the coast will win out in that pattern for a while .

Over the next 15 days we evolve into a  neg EPO  neg PNA pattern you are going to ARCTIC waves and they will favor the coast .

Right now these storms are aimed at you , but it changes once into Jan . You guys should finish with AN snow , but the coast will win out in that pattern for a while .

Ill believe it when I see it.. As of now coastal hugger it is lol.. 

Archived