Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014

Animal

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone see any chance off the band pushing South through Albany hitting SNY? Short term models seem to suggest atleast some of that precip hitting us as moderate snows for several hours, any thoughts?

The banding up in ALB won't make it down this far. Maybe down toward Kingston or even New Paltz but I think we do get into some moderate snows

0.50" new snow in Ramsey at work, only on grassy surfaces. I'm unsure about home, but my guess is nothing since it's a bit lower in elevation.

I was down in the City of Middletown ( elevation 500') and there was a slight coating on grassy surfaces. Once I got above 750' there was a noticeable increase of snow otg. Above 1000' a few miles to my west there was 2" or so otg.

Some 15-19" totals in the higher elevations of Central NY. Lived in Cortland for 3 years and used to commute daily to Syracuse on 81. They are removed from the heavy lake effect off Ontario for the most part, but those little hills in the Finger Lakes are very snowy. Lived there in the winter of '04 and we had measurable snow almost daily for 2 months straight.

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=BGM&product=PNS&issuedby=BGM

Some 15-19" totals in the higher elevations of Central NY. Lived in Cortland for 3 years and used to commute daily to Syracuse on 81. They are removed from the heavy lake effect off Ontario for the most part, but those little hills in the Finger Lakes are very snowy. Lived there in the winter of '04 and we had measurable snow almost daily for 2 months straight.

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=BGM&product=PNS&issuedby=BGM

My brother lived up NYS 13 to the northeast from there in Cazenovia, I remember my winter visit to him in 2004. Blinding snow squalls, witnessing my first legit ground blizzard and experienced 24 below zero. Good times.

Archived