joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Southern Ontario Weather Discussion

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratz on the Lake effect hit guys, good to see you getting in on the lake action! Quite the storm to follow over the next week as well. Hopefully we can end this season with a bang!

The Euro has brought back the storm for next week. Looks like 6" is possible for us. I'm sure the models will lose it a couple of more times though.

The Euro has brought back the storm for next week. Looks like 6" is possible for us. I'm sure the models will lose it a couple of more times though.

Yeah, Buffalo NWS seems bullish. I've never seen a HWO issued so far in advanced.

A SIGNIFICANT LATE SEASON SNOW STORM IS FORECAST TO DEVELOP OVERTHE CENTRAL PLAINS MONDAY NIGHT AND TUESDAY...THEN IS EXPECTED TOMOVE NORTHEAST ACROSS THE OHIO AND TENNESSEE VALLEYS TUESDAYNIGHT AND WEDNESDAY. THE STORM SHOULD PASS TO OUR SOUTH WEDNESDAYNIGHT. THIS STORM TRACK WOULD BE FAVORABLE FOR SIGNIFICANTACCUMULATIONS OF SNOW ACROSS MUCH OF WESTERN AND NORTH CENTRAL NEWYORK WEDNESDAY INTO THURSDAY.

Had a chance to look at the ec ensemble individual members. They continue to look better and better with each run, now ~17 members have a 6"+ hit for YYZ with quite a few 12"+ members. The mean has 0.5-0.6" of QPF. Still remaining very skeptical as the ridge axis looks further east then we would typically want it for a big hit but its a very interesting threat, nonetheless.

Had a chance to look at the ec ensemble individual members. They continue to look better and better with each run, now ~17 members have a 6"+ hit for YYZ with quite a few 12"+ members. The mean has 0.5-0.6" of QPF. Still remaining very skeptical as the ridge axis looks further east then we would typically want it for a big hit but its a very interesting threat, nonetheless.

This is for Wednesday night into Thursday next week?

2.4mm at Pearson yesterday. So if these 10cm reports are true it's going to be 40:1+ ratios. I don't think I've ever seen ratios like that at YYZ.

Lmao not in a million years. Nipher won't allow it :lol:. 2.4mm probably translates to 3.0cm which is no where near to what had actually fallen IMO. My Dad works near the airport and he told me, there was 10cm around the area.

Lmao not in a million years. Nipher won't allow it :lol:. 2.4mm probably translates to 3.0cm which is no where near to what had actually fallen IMO. My Dad works near the airport and he told me, there was 10cm around the area.

Thing is TWN tweeted that Pearson recorded 9cm. And they're usually a reliable source. We'll see in about 8 hours.

10.6cm on 2.4mm of liquid for a 44:1 ratio. :lol:

That's insane. First time EC decided to factor in ratios LOL :lol: This puts YYZ at 124.2cm for the season. Statistically, every month this season has see near normal snowfall with Feb. being above normal. Not bad if you ask me.

That's insane. First time EC decided to factor in ratios LOL :lol: This puts YYZ at 124.2cm for the season. Statistically, every month this season has see near normal snowfall with Feb. being above normal. Not bad if you ask me.

Lol man just last week you were complaining about a "lack of snow". When you look at the numbers, things aren't so bad.

In my opinion, no aspect of winter has underperformed; it's been a great season. You can't expect big dog one-footers every year; it's just not in our climo.

Lol man just last week you were complaining about a "lack of snow". When you look at the numbers, things aren't so bad.

In my opinion, no aspect of winter has underperformed; it's been a great season. You can't expect big dog one-footers every year; it's just not in our climo.

Well said!

Gorgeous out there today, by the way. Perfect skiing weather.

Archived