joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tuesday 2/18 Winter Storm thump thread.

Heisy

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pretty much looking to see if the pattern reloads and we have any more shots as advertised on the 0z. I thank you Ray :-)

Deep trough digs over the eastern two thirds of the country.  Front may stall to the southeast and allow waves of low pressure to ride up, potentially bringing snow. 

Deep trough digs over the eastern two thirds of the country.  Front may stall to the southeast and allow waves of low pressure to ride up, potentially bringing snow. 

Yep looks like we watch Feb 23rd to Feb 28th could be something lurking around in this time period.... NAO near neutral... AO going negative, PNA going Positive... and MJO maybe loading up with the Southern Jet.  I think this winter has one more punch or possibly two before giving up the roost.

Ray seems like you tell it how it is which is much appreciated.

Yep looks like we watch Feb 23rd to Feb 28th could be something lurking around in this time period.... NAO near neutral... AO going negative, PNA going Positive... and MJO maybe loading up with the Southern Jet. I think this winter has one more punch or possibly two before giving up the roost.

Ray seems like you tell it how it is which is much appreciated.

The question is Ray, have you looked into potentially booking any flights home during that period?

Latest Wxsim for NW Chesco with the 6z NAM but still 0z GFS has the snowfall backup to around 3" with it briefly heavy just before daybreak - should be all over by 10am with temps no higher then 26 degrees...we do show a high of 33 degrees tomorrow!!

Highest forecasted temp during the "warm-up" now 44 degrees..........

Holding firmly to my 1-3" for Warminster. Looks like a repeat of Saturday.

Very different air mass from Saturday and at night...it should accumulate a lot easier that Saturday, especially early on

Yep, Ralph this is all about precip, based on everything I'm seeing Philly won't warmup until the precip is out of here. There also may be some mesoscale bands near us that might put down 1-2"/hr type snows. Still 1-3" is probably a good call. I just wouldn't be surprised if someone in our region sees 4-6"

Kamu, how the NAM performed over the weekend has little bearing on this storm...I am actually excited for tonight. Snow growth looks pretty good on the NAM, it might should snow fairly heavy for a few hours...

Sounds good to me! I was referring to my perception that the NAM wasn't showing much qpf for this upcoming event yesterday, and thinking that if it's trending towards more qpf that's a good thing (even if "it's the NAM"). My excitement level has varied more with the qpf trends than with possible temperature issues. I think there's a good chance most of what we get will be snow, so more qpf is good.

Archived