Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Snow or Mix to Snow Event Obs February 15th

ChescoWx

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The wind has slowly been increasing and makes it feel a lot colder than it is.  At this time yesterday, it was in the upper 50's in the sun.  Standing in the very same spot just a few minutes ago, the wind chill made it feel like it was in the lower 20's.  Plus of course I had tiny snowflakes hitting me in the face that are almost like graupel.

Snow has really picked up here in NW Chesco heaviest of the day all roads are covered in the Township - plow just went by - flakes are also the largest they have been today....looks like I will need to shovel again - my snowblower is in the repair shop hopefully back before Tuesday's potential significant snowstorm

Temp 31.1

Temp finally went below freezing and a transition is happening....

31.5F

SN w/fine flakes

N winds light to moderate

Starting to stick on the colder surfaces and a coating has formed on the lightly traveled streets.  Looks like the LV band is trying to recurve around as the low starts pulling away from the coast. Rain/snow line moved down to the top of Cumberland co. NJ.

Tuesday will trend warmer so we're headed for 0 for 3.  Models have been underestimating warmth here so my guess is that continues.

im just shocked that you think think this 0 for 3 lol we all had around a foot of snow 2 days ago.  i know it is your shtick but it rings false when most of us are in the midst of a historical winter.

Tuesday will trend warmer so we're headed for 0 for 3.  Models have been underestimating warmth here so my guess is that continues.

Tempering expectations is fine.  Having former uber-pessimist Colin's negativity is rather tiring.

That aside, the snow has really picked up in the last 15 minutes in Spring Mount, PA.

Just got back from being the winter weather driver to take a relative to work at Penns Peak(Valentine Dance tonight)...Rte.903 was Just plowed before...line of cars w/ski's and boards streaming past to BB or JF... Snow,down to big flakes w/low rate...

Yeah it wrapping up here in a similar way,plows have been clearing the mountain top road I'm on and told me cars are sliding off the roads all over. The cars are likely heading to BB which will be open late with epic conditions for the Poconos. My hunch is the elevations squeezed the heck out of this all day. Nice powder...I cleared 2 this morning, 5 around 1pm and there is another 2 to clear. I can not remember a snow pack like this since around 2003. The plows need to cut this in, one lane local roads suck when trying to descend the mountain. Dangerous too.

Archived