Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Pittsburgh/Western PA Weather II

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, probably everyone will see something tomorrow.

Looking ahead however, I belive a decent torch, with a couple of strong central plains storms, will be needed to reset the pattern to a more amplified look.

This is probably our best chance at a real widespread snowstorm.

Things seem to be pointing towards a possible reload. I'd be up for one more window of opportunity if it can happen very end of Feb into the first week or so of March. Then again, if it was a bomb that bullseyed us I'd take it in May lol

This torch will be the great equalizer, which makes it a bit easier to swallow. Areas especially South of here will be close to bare ground next weekend. Still, if you get Thundersnow, or 2-3 inch per hour rates who cares if its gone soon after.

I wouldn't be shocked if we get some over performing snowfall, it will be a close one, if we get a few inches out of it i will be happy. I am looking forward toward the torch. We get some nice spring like storm systems from the Midwest, pumping up some spring weather. We could be talking about severe thunderstorms in a week or so. There seems to be some moisture return from the gulf late next week

I guess I am suffering from Winter burnout. I wish we were getting the storm however I am tired of shoveling and the bitter cold. I have been trying to get over this never ending cold and illnesses.  I am looking forward to taking some walks with warming temperatures in the coming weeks. I have even been thinking of the humid nights and storms. Maybe we can get a couple more good snows but I wasn't expecting this storm to move West and it didn't. It is funny how it seems that when we are in the bullseye 5 days out the storm moves away but when we need the storm to move it locks in and stays away. Just our luck on the big snows.

Same thing as last week, left my house with little other than flurries flying, about 10 miles South roads were covered with a coating. Looks like about .5 - 1 inch on the ground here in Greensburg so far.

Looking at the radar you would think that swath of snow to the South was going to pivot NW, but it just looks like it hit a Wall.

Same thing as last week, left my house with little other than flurries flying, about 10 miles South roads were covered with a coating. Looks like about .5 - 1 inch on the ground here in Greensburg so far.

Looking at the radar you would think that swath of snow to the South was going to pivot NW, but it just looks like it hit a Wall.

You are right. Have seen this twice already this winter. Barely a light flurry here in the north hills.

If it wasn't for the clipper system that is moving south east out of Canada for tomorrow nights and early Saturday's weather, this system would have spread to Central Ohio. If you look at last night's satellite, you could see how compact the front was and how, just over our area the leading edge of air was butting up to the storm system.

Some might remember in 1994, the storm system was very similar. The Airport in Pittsburgh received about 3 inches of snow while places like Greensburg and North Huntingdon got 24 inches.

Throughout the winter, from downtown Pittsburgh and west, we have been nickeled and dimed to death this winter. From Grove City north they have had some very nice storms, and Cannonsburg south, they have had a few storms that brought nice snowfalls...Greensburg and east but that is always the case as they back up to the mountains.

Here is what I see, a decently wet spring for the entire area, when we got rain because the cold air was cut off over our area, the precipitation did not cut, it expanded and we got decent rainfall amounts. The colder it got, the less snow we received in the western part of the city.

If we thought winter was brutal, I believe from previous years when we have had winters like this, the Ohio Valley and area near I-80 will ripe for very tornadic weather in the latter portion of spring.

I'll try to dig up some charts from 78-79---93-94 to collaborate this.

Ligonier, but I'm in Greensburg now and it's snowing heavy.

NWS has 1-3" here and my house had 2" when I left at 7 and here there has to be close to 2".

Where at in Greensburg? I'm working in Greensburg as well, just off of route 30 before the Mall, and I'd say light to moderate snow, but certainly not heavy.

So I dont know what is wrong with me why I cant stay away but wow did we miss a big one. Snowfall rates up to 2-4 hr and some places have 16 inches already. I guess its just not our year for big snowfall. I was watching Joe Bastardis daily video and March may look up for us in the East. We first have to deal a decent warmup but it will be shortlived. The teleconnections are looking like =PNA, --AO and -NAO. He said he thinks we see a 15-20 day of some crazy weather in March. I just hope we can squeeze a 8 inch storm before winter is over, but shorts and t shirts sound pretty good about now.

Archived