Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Pittsburgh/Western PA Weather II

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I dont know what is wrong with me why I cant stay away but wow did we miss a big one. Snowfall rates up to 2-4 hr and some places have 16 inches already. I guess its just not our year for big snowfall. I was watching Joe Bastardis daily video and March may look up for us in the East. We first have to deal a decent warmup but it will be shortlived. The teleconnections are looking like =PNA, --AO and -NAO. He said he thinks we see a 15-20 day of some crazy weather in March. I just hope we can squeeze a 8 inch storm before winter is over, but shorts and t shirts sound pretty good about now.

This seems to agree with what I have been reading from other various sources. If we re-establish a cold pattern before the end of Feb that should give us a decent opportunity at a few storms.

This seems to agree with what I have been reading from other various sources. If we re-establish a cold pattern before the end of Feb that should give us a decent opportunity at a few storms.

its the pattern we have been in. As long as there is that warm pool of water, the arctic air will come south and eventually east. Add the PNA and NAO and we could see some storms before the pattern breaks. Just a hunch but i feel like this will be a late spring.

I have picked up around 2 inches in the past few hours here across the river from New Kensington PA,  snow has been heavy at times, it's a moderate snow now, some of the roads are covered and icy. I say right now around I-79 is the cutoff point 

Creighton?

I am across the river from you in Arnold/New Ken.

My boss is heading out to lunch now to see how the roads are and from the looks of it, if this continues, I will not be looking forward to my drive up 28 later to the land PENNDOT has forgotten.

Creighton?

I am across the river from you in Arnold/New Ken.

My boss is heading out to lunch now to see how the roads are and from the looks of it, if this continues, I will not be looking forward to my drive up 28 later to the land PENNDOT has forgotten.

Yeah, some of the side roads are not great, i live up in the hills past Sheetz. I am just happy were seeing snow, sometimes i think the hills enhance the snow and weather in general

Last year we had a day it showered, but over the hill to west in Russellton they picked up flooding rains.  The hills can affect the weather around.

Yeah, some of the side roads are not great, i live up in the hills past Sheetz. I am just happy were seeing snow, sometimes i think the hills enhance the snow and weather in general

Last year we had a day it showered, but over the hill to west in Russellton they picked up flooding rains.  The hills can affect the weather around.

We are pretty close then, maybe a couple miles apart,  I can see the Giant Eagle on Tarentum bridge road from my kitchen window in the winter when the foliage is gone.

Thanks lurker. Lol. I didn't think anyone was from there in here. There are a lot of people who don't. Post

I like to see what the people on here are thinking regarding upcoming storms. I really don't know how to read models well so I never post. I feel like Pittsburgh has more in common weather wise with Youngstown than the NEO snowbelt and central Ohio.

Archived