• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Western Michigan Winter Weather

TugHillMatt

I thought I would start this because, although there aren't tons of us, there is a group of posters from this area. Plus, I feel that many on here don't really care what is going on over here anyways. :P

Current conditions: nice big feathery flakes coming down. Beautiful!

http://www.springlakeyachtclub.com/OurClub/WebCam.aspx

I thought I would start this because, although there aren't tons of us, there is a group of posters from this area. Plus, I feel that many on here don't really care what is going on over here anyways. :P

Current conditions: nice big feathery flakes coming down. Beautiful!

http://www.springlakeyachtclub.com/OurClub/WebCam.aspx

6 inches since early this morning! Lake enhancement wins again!

hey! Good idea.  I posted this earlier but it probably got swept away but I thought this was insane!

Our observer that is 1 mile east of Maple City has recorded 179.3" so far this winter season! Their unofficial record since they started back in the 1959-1960 season was 219.6" in the 1996-97 winter season. Only about 20" more to go to!

:) not sure the pattern is looking too well for that. It looks like we are heading out of the current pattern. But the 12Z GFS looks like it continues the pattern longer.

As long as we are in a colder pattern I like my chances of seeing something in those three days. LES that is

hey! Good idea.  I posted this earlier but it probably got swept away but I thought this was insane!

Our observer that is 1 mile east of Maple City has recorded 179.3" so far this winter season! Their unofficial record since they started back in the 1959-1960 season was 219.6" in the 1996-97 winter season. Only about 20" more to go to!

I was up there in the early spring of 08 for work. I remember that town having a ridiculous amount snow otg. I wonder what the season totals were that winter. 

I was up there in the early spring of 08 for work. I remember that town having a ridiculous amount snow otg. I wonder what the season totals were that winter. 

I think this Winter is ahead of pace.  could be record setting for some. I need over 200" here to break current records.'07/'08 was this. you sure you got your years right?

Thanks. That is crazy! I really, really want to live somewhere up there! What is their snow depth?

I would say you guys could get buried in some places overnight and Monday-Tuesday, Lake Michigan has more open water percentage wise than any other great lake now or maybe tied with Lake Ontario. Near blizzard conditions after midnight.

Awesome! We have been getting more lake effect this weekend than was expected. Lake Michigan doesn't freeze completely because it is deeper, correct?

attachicon.gifAnnual_snow08-09.png

I think this Winter is ahead of pace.  could be record setting for some. I need over 200" here to break current records.'07/'08 was this. you sure you got your years right?

attachicon.gifAnnual_snow07-08.png

What was so fascinating about being up there in April. I remember a solid 3 foot snow depth. Temps would climb to near 50 some days and it wouldn't phase the snow almost no melting. It was a true glacier. 

What was so fascinating about being up there in April. I remember a solid 3 foot snow depth. Temps would climb to near 50 some days and it wouldn't phase the snow almost no melting. It was a true glacier. [/b[

same happened last year.  I had 10" still near mid April.  was warm some days in short sleeves and still had snow... :lol:

I plan on riding out to Maple city soon... We will starting in Kalkaska though.

I plan on riding out to Maple city soon... We will starting in Kalkaska though.

If your starting out of Kalkaska, your best bet is to trailer over to the Maple City area trails. There is no conector from the Kalkaska area west to the other side of Traverse City to the Maple city trails. If you find a way let me know though, we like ridding that area also.

I think both South Haven and Bloomingdale ( Van Buren ) may have just crossed the 100" inch mark? Wont know till they update them.. South Haven was at 97.5" while Bloomingdale was at 98.5" on the season. These are the two highest totals i could find in the GRR area. The 3rd highest is Muskegon with 88.1"...

Picked up nearly 8" overnight.  I may have to get a snowblower.  My plow is becoming useless with the snow piles I have along my driveway.

So is my snowblower! I can't get the snow to go high enough. Haha. Don't buy one, unless you get one of those fancy ones.

I think both South Haven and Bloomingdale ( Van Buren ) may have just crossed the 100" inch mark? Wont know till they update them.. South Haven was at 97.5" while Bloomingdale was at 98.5" on the season. These are the two highest totals i could find in the GRR area. The 3rd highest is Muskegon with 88.1"...

I am at about 100 inches for the season too. I am in a better spot than Muskegon to get NW flow lake effect and am just far enough inland to not get missed sometimes when the wind blows hard.

Archived