joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA and the MD Fringes - January Part III

MAG5035

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DT's first call map put everyone from HBG south in the 3-6 zone for the Monday event. 1-3 for areas north of HBG north to CTP.

Wouldn't it be something if after all of the social media hype it turns out that Monday's little frontal wave ends up giving us the biggest snowfall in the LSV.

Nice.  UKMET says 2-4" KCXY vicinity, 3-5" down south (m-d line AGAIN...lol). I suppose compared to the GFS's nothing, a 3" storm is quite nice.

To quote DT...the CMC this run has gone ape-s**t !!  That looks like 6+ based on intensity shown.

But then, there's the ice storm to deal with on Wednesday.

...BTW Zak...At first I couldn't figure out why the precip totals didn't appear to jive with the intensity until I looked more closely and saw the first map (precip map) was from the UKIE and not CMC.

It has become quite apparent that those in the Route 30 corridor down to the m-d line have made some kind of deal with the weather gods this season.  10"+ for York, Lancaster, and Philly??

Meanwhile, up here, closer to the turnpike, it looks like around 7".  Book it!

I might also point out that despite the Euro over doing some systems this season, it was virtually the only model up until around 36 hours ago to depict this low making it this far north.  Kudos to the Euro.  Now, if we can just get it to erase the cutter from Wednesday and track it south of us, all will be truly right with the world.  lol

Zak...it looks like you are directly linking to wxbell maps which is producing a "forbidden access" page.  So, both maps are not showing here.

the wxbell guys found out that someone on social media was posting their euro maps as if it were his own... they were not too happy and do not wish for their paywall maps to be posted anywhere so we probably shouldnt be posting them on here too

Archived