joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh/Western Pa Weather

meatwad

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just had to run out to pick up my son at school. Roads are getting snow covered and slick. Be careful if you have to go out.

Our school district has already issued a delay for tomorrow because of the cold. I suppose everyone else will be soon.

Looking at Tuesday and Wed of next week I imagine most schools will close Tuesday and have delays Wednesday especially if it stays below zero Monday night through Wed morning.

Im gonna be completely honest and say I dont think we see any significant snowfall just by the way the models are trending for sunday. Looks like maybe one inch backend as the front comes through.

Well, that system doesn't look very wet no matter what model you look at. If we get lucky and things trend toward the GFS, we may see a few inches out of it since that seems to be our best bet at seeing minimal mixing problems. Other models show more rain and we'd probably be lucky to see an inch at the end of it. Still some time to iron things out with that one. Maybe a weaker system goes more southeast of us. We still don't get a lot of snow, but at least almost all of it would be snow.

I say today's snow was a bust yet again so far with me only have about 3/4" snow here IMBY...with things looking to wrap up in the next 2 hours.....wish we could get something big sometime here

Yes it looks like the primary low kind of fizzled out and the coastal low is moving away quickly. I still believe we will have some good back end wrap around light steady snow into the evening but I would think most will end up with 2 -3 inches. I don't know how much we could pick up overnight in snow showers but thinking it will be an inch or less. (Sometimes they surprise with a little more)

Well, that system doesn't look very wet no matter what model you look at. If we get lucky and things trend toward the GFS, we may see a few inches out of it since that seems to be our best bet at seeing minimal mixing problems. Other models show more rain and we'd probably be lucky to see an inch at the end of it. Still some time to iron things out with that one. Maybe a weaker system goes more southeast of us. We still don't get a lot of snow, but at least almost all of it would be snow.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/west-newton-pa/15089/daily-weather-forecast/5951_pc?day=4

1.5 inches here as well as of last hour. The winds are picking up and down to 23.

Sunday night should be interesting either way. GFS has alot of precip behind the front so you never know! :blahblah:

I'm actually kinda interested in the Sunday night dynamics.

It's been awhile since i've seen a sharp changeover from rain to snow.

Closing in on 2 inches, looks like at least another 2 hours of snow. Just got back from picking up a Pizza and untreated roads are in really bad shape. Wind is picking up and temp has dropped about 3 degrees in the last 1.5 hours.

I'm actually kinda interested in the Sunday night dynamics.

It's been awhile since i've seen a sharp changeover from rain to snow.

Yeah I agree, even if we get mainly rain, the front is going to come through fast and furious, and the track of the low, at least now seems to be favorable for wrap around enhanced with the frontal passage. I'm going to try and get the Christmas lights down this weekend so they don't get blown away Sunday night!

Archived