• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 21 - 23 Wintry Event

Storm At Sea

Indices are suggestive of another East Coast wintry event. What are the odds of this system laying down fresh snow cover just in time for the Christmas Eve?

-EPO will likely keep us in the game...check here for the latest discussion as low level cold continues keep hopes alive.

Indices are suggestive of another East Coast wintry event. What are the odds of this system laying down fresh snow cover just in time for the Christmas Eve?

-EPO will likely keep us in the game...check here for the latest discussion as low level cold continues keep hopes alive.

GFS keeps on trending south with this storm. Despite the warm 850's on the recent run, the surface temps were cold.

If my memory serves me right, 850 mb temperatures gradually trended down with this past storm.

I just returned home from my GF's today (who lives in Sussex County) and I was amazed to have 3 inches of snow still on the ground in Middlesex County. To have accumulating snow still around after a raging 850 mb SE wind along the coastal plain is pretty exceptional stuff. I highly suspect that the trend will be our friend for this next one. However, i will say that although the EPO will remain negative, we will definitely be on borrowed time as the EPO is gradually going towards a neurtal phase for late month. It's very clear that like the extreme -AO several years ago allowed for MECS, the extreme -EPO has allowed for sustained low level cold along the coastal plain.

Yes it does. I wonder if the 850's are going to cool in the upcoming days. We have to see if that happens. I sure don't want an icestorm.

If my memory serves me right, 850 mb temperatures gradually trended down with this past storm.

I just returned home from my GF's today (who lives in Sussex County) and I was amazed to have 3 inches of snow still on the ground in Middlesex County. To have accumulating snow still around after a raging 850 mb SE wind along the coastal plain is pretty exceptional stuff. I highly suspect that the trend will be our friend for this next one. However, i will say that although the EPO will remain negative, we will definitely be on borrowed time as the EPO is gradually going towards a neurtal phase for late month. It's very clear that like the extreme -AO several years ago allowed for MECS, the extreme -EPO has allowed for sustained low level cold along the coastal plain.

Even over here, I still have a small snowpack. I received 3 inches last night. Yes, you are right about the 850's with this last storm.

Why is it disgusting? Please explain the reasoning for this? Why SHOULD any time of the year feature anything? It's weather, things change.

Snow88 is winter's cheerleader around here. He has a great passion for weather and who doesnt want a nice coating of snow christmas week/christmas? Its something that is sought after for christmas. Most likely wont happen this year unless a miracle happens though but hes just voicing his opinions take it easy ;)

Why is it disgusting? Please explain the reasoning for this? Why SHOULD any time of the year feature anything? It's weather, things change.

When I think of Christmas, I think of snow and cold, not warm and rainy.

You're really that surprised? The one reason we had the snow we've had already is the favorable EPO. When we lose that and keep the NAO positive, we will torch. That's just a given.

Yes I know but I am just saying how the previous GFS run showed an icestorm and also the Euro run showed something similiar until the recent runs.

If we could only have 10 days of wintry weather all year I think a lot of us would center it around the holidays.

As modeled, this event looks like the white Christmas slayer for many

Archived