ANN ARBOR               M   5.9           18     42.28N    83.73W
   5 SSE ANN ARBOR         M   7.5           18     42.21N    83.69W

...WAYNE COUNTY...
   ROMULUS                 M   7.0           18     42.22N    83.37W
   WYANDOTTE               M   7.7           18     42.21N    83.16W

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Storm total 8.4" imby, 7.7" at DTW. Lots of 10-12" spots on the lawn and yes I plodded through them like a kid lol. Monroe had 8.8" per DTX, though I suspect some areas down there (as was confirmed on facebook) hit 10". A nice overperformer for sure, and its gorgeous outside. I cant WAIT to take a walk tomorrow. Tired from work today, so I kinda used both a snowblower and shovel, so no massive piles lol. Plenty of huge snowbanks around town to be sure.

3617-800.jpg

3618-800.jpg

3619-800.jpg

3620-800.jpg

3621-800.jpg

3622-800.jpg

3623-800.jpg

That's going to miss us to the SE. Looks like the absolute heaviest snow is about done with Toronto. We'll still have several hours though of "top up" lighter snow.

Yeah, by the looks of it a little further south than what we would want it as. I just measured outside. I have recorded 15cm exactly. That last strong deformation band really did the trick to bring it up. 

I suspect another 3-6cm to accumulate thru the next 3-6 hours. 

CYHM had 13cm as of late afternoon I believe, however at 7am they already had 8cm. I know that we received more than 5cm between 7am and 4pm. 

Well thats reasonable. They were low balling Hamilton during the February storm too, I remember that.  

I wonder how much TorontoBlizzard has recorded. He's the closest to YYZ. 

How much have you gotten?

Storm total 8.4" imby, 7.7" at DTW. Lots of 10-12" spots on the lawn and yes I plodded through them like a kid lol. Monroe had 8.8" per DTX, though I suspect some areas down there (as was confirmed on facebook) hit 10". A nice overperformer for sure, and its gorgeous outside. I cant WAIT to take a walk tomorrow. Tired from work today, so I kinda used both a snowblower and shovel, so no massive piles lol. Plenty of huge snowbanks around town to be sure.

3621-800.jpg

3623-800.jpg

Those are two really awesome photos. Definitely captures the scenes around the area well. Great storm.

Yeah, by the looks of it a little further south than what we would want it as. I just measured outside. I have recorded 15cm exactly. That last strong deformation band really did the trick to bring it up. 

I suspect another 3-6cm to accumulate thru the next 3-6 hours. 

Well thats reasonable. They were low balling Hamilton during the February storm too, I remember that.  

I wonder how much TorontoBlizzard has recorded. He's the closest to YYZ. 

How much have you gotten?

I noticed Edmonton Int'l Airport also comes in really low with totals compared to the co-op spotters here. And based on what I've observed with my two eyes, the co-ops tend to be closer to the truth. I wouldn't be surprised if all AWOS stations in Canada use niphers for their snowfall observations.

Awesome pics :santa:

Wow nice pictures looks amazing. Your region certainly got a nice dumping. My area looks exactly the same as your area ;) Stay safe man. Far better than the last couple of Decembers thats for sure. Lets hope we can maintain this.

If that question is directed toward me ;) ...last I checked around 10:00pm with my 2 measuring locations 19 and 21 cm respectively. Probably a fair bit more now though. 

Yeah  :lol:  And thats amazing wow. How is the snowfall right now? I'm going to measure once more before i sleep. Its snowing moderately here. 

I noticed Edmonton Int'l Airport also comes in really low with totals compared to the co-op spotters here. And based on what I've observed with my two eyes, the co-ops tend to be closer to the truth. I wouldn't be surprised if all AWOS stations in Canada use niphers for their snowfall observations.

Really wow? Sometimes it does seem most major stations in Canada do often have lower amounts than amateur reports which is strange. EC needs to invest in better instruments because if thats the case, alot of past historical storms may have been over performers. We just dont know. Jan 1999, in particular, to name one. 

This "Nipher Gauge", flower pot thing, isnt cutting it.  <_<

Yeah  :lol:  And thats amazing wow. How is the snowfall right now? I'm going to measure once more before i sleep. Its snowing moderately here. 

Snow isn't as heavy as it was, moderate now. Like I said, hard to get a good measurement however a 18cm at YHM at 11pm and 20+ in Grimsby, so somewhere in the 20cm range here...hopefully will finish in the 22-24cm range.

I couldnt help myself. Like I said, Im like a kid romping in the powder. I will probably enjoy a walk in the park tomorrow morning with a nice deep undisturbed blanket of snow.

I actually developed my aversion to trampling on snow in my own yard when I was a kid. There was something so pure about the way a thick, fresh blanket of snow looks that I could never bring myself to do it. I drew the line at my own house though. School grounds, city property, other people's yards, I went nuts on. Mostly because I knew they were going to get disrupted anyways by others.  

I actually developed my aversion to trampling on snow in my own yard when I was a kid. There was something so pure about the way a thick, fresh blanket of snow looks that I could never bring myself to do it. I drew the line at my own house though. School grounds, city property, other people's yards, I went nuts on. Mostly because I knew they were going to get disrupted anyways by others.  

Actually earlier my neighbor "did me a favor" by snowblowing part of the sidewalk. I was grateful for it but also annoyed that it blew chunks of sidewalk-snow onto the lawn snowcover, thankfully a few more inches fell since then and covered it all up. :lol:

Was at the in laws house all day in the hills of South Eden. Took the dog for a 2 hour walk in some really deep snow with my wife. We had a blast and the dog had even more fun. Took a video and a few pictures while on our adventure! Hope you guys enjoy! Average snow depth was less than I thought with around 14-17 inches on the ground. The fluffy nature of Lake Effect Snow compacts very easily in comparison to synoptic systems that's for sure. We have received around 6 inches from this storm so far and still ripping outside.

Snow Depth

I_Phone_PIctures_Fall_2013_033.jpg

Partial frozen creek

I_Phone_PIctures_Fall_2013_036.jpg

Guy clearing off snow from the roof

I_Phone_PIctures_Fall_2013_037.jpg

Huge snowbank, there is a dog in there somewhere ^_^

I_Phone_PIctures_Fall_2013_042.jpg

Running threw the snow with the dog, awesome workout!

My cousin just sent this to me of how much snow in northwest side of Buffalo. To show you the comparison between 3-4 miles north of Buffalo and 15 miles south of Buffalo.

Actually earlier my neighbor "did me a favor" by snowblowing part of the sidewalk. I was grateful for it but also annoyed that it blew chunks of sidewalk-snow onto the lawn snowcover, thankfully a few more inches fell since then and covered it all up. :lol:

I'd be annoyed about that + that he took away a shoveling opportunity. I :wub: shoveling!

Haha. Don't you just hate that! 

Here it is more the snowplow flings the nasty road snow onto the front lawn snow.

Haha. Don't you just hate that! 

Here it is more the snowplow flings the nasty road snow onto the front lawn snow.

I didn't see a single snow plow today, even on the main roads.

Yet they were out in full force salting and whatnot a couple of weeks ago or whenever when we got like an inch and a half... :facepalm:

New to this forum, been following for a while. I'm from Stoney Creek heavy heavy snow falling, winds are very very strong, snow blowing side ways. Looking at the radar there seems to be a near stationary band right over us, any idea when that band might move away. Thanks

Finally...an Ontarian with a picture. Thank you.

Well, gosh. If you say so.

These were taken about 90 minutes ago. It's been snowing moderately for a few hours now so we've probably picked up a few tenths since then. It was hard to get a handle on accumulations but I'd estimate 20-23cm on the grass. Will get more accurate totals tomorrow morning when it's all said and done. The wind and cold are brutal.

p5M4qJe.jpg

qfprNlU.jpg

c2M8leI.jpg

ryxMSRD.jpg

FxDufEP.jpg

QyE13rL.jpg

I'd be annoyed about that + that he took away a shoveling opportunity. I :wub: shoveling!

I can't lie, I kinda do too. I usually shovel his sidewalk and one of my other neighbors too, but he tries to beat me nowadays with that snow blower. Plus, it's a good workout.

I didn't see a single snow plow today, even on the main roads.

Yet they were out in full force salting and whatnot a couple of weeks ago or whenever when we got like an inch and a half... :facepalm:

I must say I love shoveling as well. Sometimes the wind can get a bit annoying but in the end I love it. I hate it when fine snow is disturbed. I just don't know. As a kid i had a charisma to preserve snow and cover up any spot where it was uneven. I guess i aint alone in that department. 

For me shoveling is good cause I work-out. I did boxing for a year plus I play ice hockey. So its a good back and bicep/tricep workout for me. 

I havent seen a single plow all day here either -_- I shall post pictures tomorrow as i go for a walk around the neighborhood. 

Well, gosh. If you say so.

These were taken about 90 minutes ago. It's been snowing moderately for a few hours now so we've probably picked up a few tenths since then. It was hard to get a handle on accumulations but I'd estimate 20-23cm on the grass. Will get more accurate totals tomorrow morning when it's all said and done. The wind and cold are brutal.

p5M4qJe.jpg

Nice pics, I like the bike half-buried in that one. I get the feeling the owner will be walking that home in the morning. :lmao:

Archived