joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upcoming Events

Stovepipe

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 0z Canadian is juicier than the other models with 1 to 2 for the eastern half of the state Tues/Wed.  It has a series of small events from Friday onward that when totaled up don't look bad.  Here's the snow acc map through Thursday next week:

OlvZtYF.jpg

Nickels and dimes.

The 0z Canadian is juicier than the other models with 1 to 2 for the eastern half of the state Tues/Wed.  It has a series of small events from Friday onward that when totaled up don't look bad.  Here's the snow acc map through Thursday next week:

OlvZtYF.jpg

Nickels and dimes.

Like the trend,UK don't look that bad either.Plus HPC is giving it 30% credit

Did anyone take a look at the GFS and its individual ensemble members?  Several of them show lee side low development and 5 of 11 show a very nice little snow for northeast TN (some of them are decent hits for the entire eastern 1/3 of the state. 

Pretty impressive - and the 9z SREF looks fairly juicy too, but the NAM has little to nothing (though outside it's preferred range).  I am hoping this trends for the better for east TN over the coming 24 hours.  If so, we might have one "sneak" up on us within 72 hours

I'll be interested to see how much weight is given to the 12z GFS. It's almost time to start issuing potential advisories for Middle/Eastern TN and if the 12z GFS is to be believed, N. Alabama and N. Georgia. 

Then again you have the NAM. But in one of their recent AFD a JKL met called the NAM "wonky lately" so who knows. I'd of course prefer the Canadian, but it thinks every place is Canada and often over does wintry precip.

MRX kinda down played the GFS, which is trying to develop a wave of LP along the front. I believe the NAM actually was too a couple days ago then lost it. Now the NAM is just giving it the old "Nothing to see here" treatment, but as I mentioned, some NWS mets have been saying the NAM is having issues lately.

So which is out to lunch, the GFS or the NAM/EURO for tomorrow night and Wednesday morning? my guess is the GFS, but 12z was a thing of beauty for the southern apps.

If the Euro ensembles are correct, it would take a minor miracle to NOT get snow at some point over the next 14 days. Of course much of TN has managed to find "miracle" status often over the last 15 years.

Man, the Euro has had the hot hand with the severity and duration of cold. Might be round two real soon. Seems like its preference is for something to run up the coast OR potent Miller B scenarios. Hoping for a snowy Super Bowl!

You can bet with the 12z GFS today and the 0z nam tonight this will catch the attention of MRX. Heck, there were several 18z GFS ind members that were bullish on snow.........

If the GFS trends back again in a few mins I would expect special weather statements for some valley locations, perhaps a WWA by daybreak tomorrow. It would also possible to see a WSWatch hoisted for the mountains in the early morning package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Morning update, OHX is the most bullish, especially their Plateau areas, WWA there and the Eastern Highland Rim for 1-2, some isolated 3 with even more possible if the NAM trend is correct. Mentions the NAM showing frontogenesis occurs over their Plateau areas.

MRX seems to not know how to go, made the usually vague SPS that most people reading would think only applies to the Smokies and High Knob in Wise County,  Will likely wait until the event is on the door step to issue WWAs, which I'd think at minimum will happen in the areas mentioned in the SPS.

All WFO in their discussions mentions that rain will switch to snow quickly, yet in their ZFP MRX has "Rain showers likely til early morning" with "Snow Showers likely after midnight". Very odd wording that seems to go against the quick change over.

Oh well, should be an OBS situation in 12-18 hours.

As for the other systems, all the local WFO are just confused mainly. 

Archived