joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 13-14th Winter Storm

Chicago Storm

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NAM would seem to agree with placing the heaviest snow towards Burlington. I still have the EURO in the back of my head which is more aggressive with the winds veering so I give it a bit of weight.

I live in a great spot for this wind alignment. Overlooking Hamilton Harbour near the RBG on York/Plains.  Right at the end of the harbour. A long fetch ENE wind drives right into the harbour/Burlington area.

Agree with you for the most part. I think ground zero for the lake enhancement will likely end up in the Burlington area, although we are just nitpicking when we get to that fine of a scale. Anywhere from Hamilton to Mississauga looks pretty good for at least 6", and as you said 10" or more is possible. Noticed that EC's forecast for Hamilton is 25-30cm when you include Friday Night, Saturday, and Saturday Night. Same goes for Southern Halton(Burlington/Oakville) sub-region as well. I work tomorrow, but will hopefully be able to do some shooting before and after work(maybe on break as well ;) ).

EDIT: 0z 4km NAM valid 12am Sunday.

ptot29.gif

that's gorgeous. Bullseye over Hamilton/Burlington

Temp has risen to 31 here.  Hopefully that is the extent of the rise tonight.

Thinking we need to get that warm 925mb wedge on to our east, then we should be safe. It's creeping awfully close again. That said, returns on the next wave should pick things up again shortly.

Archived