Newest Member
    amirah5
Ice Storm Obs

BIG FROSTY

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

28 and steady rain yet again in Boone

AirNelson - how common is this for Boone to experience a prolonged period of freezing rain?  I know you had the one in Dec 2009...that was a real bad one in the mtn areas around 3000-3500 ft, give or take.  I just didn't think it was that common up there, but I could be wrong on that.

Boy did the temp sky rocket last night, up to 48 degrees now. Griteater, I feel like we have a pretty solid ice event at least once or twice a season. I'm not sure about the set up because I know it's common belief the mtns don't do well with cad but I know here in Boone we manage to hold on to the cold a lot of times.

Temps finally creeping up above freezing. The glaze is just about melted... ice chunks falling from the tops of the trees. Looks like a cold wet foggy day ahead...NWS going for 44 today but honestly might be too warm. Maybe do good to even break 40.

Its going to be a cold chasing moisture event tomorrow...but its a good chance here along the VA border and north could see some token flakes(light snow) tomorrow afternoon once the moisture pulls out and dryer air comes in.

Archived