• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Zulu time conversion

snowfan

It is pretty easy to figure out. It is military time minus 5 hours in the winter and it is minus 4 in the summer.

Um no. "Military time" is a format that uses a 24 hour clock. It still uses local time zones unless otherwise noted.

"Zulu" is based on Greenwich mean time (now UTC) or the time at the prime meridian (0 degrees longitude).

You're correct in the number of hours to convert zulu to eastern time though.

Um no. "Military time" is a format that uses a 24 hour clock. It still uses local time zones unless otherwise noted.

"Zulu" is based on Greenwich mean time (now UTC) or the time at the prime meridian (0 degrees longitude).

You're correct in the number of hours to convert zulu to eastern time though.

Ummm yes, i am aware but the easiest way to explain it is to take the Z time as military time and minus the hours like i explained. Sorry i confused you.

Ummm yes, i am aware but the easiest way to explain it is to take the Z time as military time and minus the hours like i explained. Sorry i confused you.

I'm a fireman and we use military time....that said I use the zulu time just like you described to calculate model times in my head. Now it's just second nature to translate times...I'm pickin up what your throwin down.

I'm a fireman and we use military time....that said I use the zulu time just like you described to calculate model times in my head. Now it's just second nature to translate times...I'm pickin up what your throwin down.

Thank the lord someone is, i started doing it like 8 years ago when i first started on these boards. It made it very easy to understand the Z times without always asking like a weenie.

Thank the lord someone is, i started doing it like 8 years ago when i first started on these boards. It made it very easy to understand the Z times without always asking like a weenie.

I understand what neffsvillewx is saying but that only applies if someone is is diffent times zones and jumping around constantly. For us in the eastern time zone it works just fine for the military time minus 5 and 4.

Archived