• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
watch the rocket tonight

forkyfork

Really? I saw it for about 90 seconds here in Elmwood looking south.

It was a bright orange dot that went out twice then reignited (I assume those were the rocket stages reigniting). 

Oh damn looking south?  Had I had my blind opened I may have been able to see it from my window.  My bedroom window looks south...at least for now.  Might be moving in the next few weeks.

Really? I saw it for about 90 seconds here in Elmwood looking south.

It was a bright orange dot that went out twice then reignited (I assume those were the rocket stages reigniting). 

Damn... oh well good for you! Im only about 3 miles from elmwood..  I think maybe  I waited too long;  didnt go outside til 8:16.5   Also, maybe wasnt able to see low enough on the horizon.... 5 degrees is pretty low :(

Damn... oh well good for you! Im only about 3 miles from elmwood..  I think maybe  I waited too long;  didnt go outside til 8:16.5   Also, maybe wasnt able to see low enough on the horizon.... 5 degrees is pretty low :(

Yeah it was 5 degrees initially but it did rise pretty quickly.

Some of the pictures/time lapses from down on the Delmarva look really cool. 

Wait a few days. Could be a nice one

It's my hope that once it passes the sun it will rival comet mcnaught. However, there is talk of it having broken up. If that's the case, if like to see it now... Also, while it will brighten over the next few days, it also gets lower in the sky and closer to the sun... I figure today's the day. Be back in a bit...

Edit, spent 1/2 an hour out there, freezing my nads off, and couldn't see it.

Did see a few good leonids though, including one fireball......

• 4 weeks later...

Archived