e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
November weather dicsussion

ORH_wxman

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ensembles develop a wave right over us this weekend. Looks like a PF special.

Perhaps we can get something to accumulate before any changeover.  Man though, looks like PF may clean up on upslope.

If we can manage a couple of inches on the ground, that could have some impact on the sharpness of any colder air mass that may follow I suppose.

I'm not completely sold on big cold just yet. I do think it may avg colder than normal, but not sure the hammer drops consistently.

Let's save the hammer until we find ruggie. Seriously it's early, cold on average with a more locked in look in 3-4 weeks is optimal to me.

Let's save the hammer until we find ruggie. Seriously it's early, cold on average with a more locked in look in 3-4 weeks is optimal to me.

Well don't get me wrong..I like the overall look. Models are still a little unsure with how the PAC shakes out I think (GEFS best EC ok), but I won't complain at all. This is probably going to be one of those deals where the op runs have the idea of the swings in temps. For instance, ensembles show a high building down, but only 534 thicknesses....in reality there is spread, so if that pattern were to happen...it may be like 522 thicknesses. Or, models have a low going overhead but 540 thicknesses. In reality, it's probably 546 or greater. I've found that sometimes what's more important on the ensembles is the overall height pattern and MSLP look. Of course there will be spread so don't take it verbatim...but I've found a lot of clues in those features.

Perhaps we can get something to accumulate before any changeover.  Man though, looks like PF may clean up on upslope.

If we can manage a couple of inches on the ground, that could have some impact on the sharpness of any colder air mass that may follow I suppose.

It still may go out underneath us so there is hope..esp for you. My best guess for now is some sort of SWFE.

What do you think chances are it comes back south? We don't need a 35 rainer while Freak prances with the deer

Well again if this were later in the season, it probably would be offshore as shown. There is a pretty good ridge punching into Greenland from the east and a ridge out over the coast of western Canada.  However, there is an existing ridge over the SE and the pattern shown probably is not going to get much further south than maybe SE MA? It's still far out, but just my guess.

Well again if this were later in the season, it probably would be offshore as shown. There is a pretty good ridge punching into Greenland from the east and a ridge out over the coast of western Canada.  However, there is an existing ridge over the SE and the pattern shown probably is not going to get much further south than maybe SE MA? It's still far out, but just my guess.

Way, way far out.  We should begin to see fewer wild modeling swings over the next few days, and hopefully they'll play in our favor.  I'd love to see a fast-forming Miller B.  They tend to perform well in GC.

Sky's clearing here at the Pit.

53.8/51

Way, way far out.  We should begin to see fewer wild modeling swings over the next few days, and hopefully they'll play in our favor.  I'd love to see a fast-forming Miller B.  They tend to perform well in GC.

Sky's clearing here at the Pit.

53.8/51

We all hope we can see pics of your barn in the snow....really really hope to see that.

We all hope we can see pics of your barn in the snow....really really hope to see that.

I really really hope I can take a picture of it.  :)  If I can figure out how, I might hook up a webcam to link to my Wunderground statoin.  Give me the opportunity to see what's happening while I'm traveling for work and such.

I really hope the snow stick and GC get buried this year. I mean I literally wake up in the middle of the night hoping for the best knowing how vital it is to the economy.

:lol:

This was the best first post to read of the day ever, haha. It just made my day to know how concerned you are.

Everyone wakes up in the middle of the night worried about the snowfall in other areas of New England.

Archived