Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Tropical Storm Karen

IsentropicLift

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, the 00Z EURO definitely went east. I checked the Euroentre site:

http://www.ecmwf.int/products/forecasts/d/charts/medium/eps/ensm/essential!Geopotential%20at%20500hPa!North%20America!72!pop!od!enfo!plot_ensm_essential!2013100400!!/

Could be the shear or the moisture is actually displaced about 75 miles east.

You can see dry air being wrap around it from the sw side. Stop, it's not looking better

Just go away, my post said nothing about it looking better.

If you're going to be an ass about it, at least quote the right post.

NHC 10AM discussion mentioned the new convection near the center. (Which is already being sheared off)

Amazing how nothing can get its act together this year....Euro from a few days ago wasn't that impressed with this system and while it developed some early on, it's likely to not be a big deal for anyone outside of some heavy rains and non damaging winds

Anytime you have moderate shear involved you need to already have a well established core. Karen was never able to completely wrap the convection all the way around.

Anytime you have moderate shear involved you need to already have a well established core. Karen was never able to completely wrap the convection all the way around.

I'm honestly surprised anything did develop given the unfavorable profile in the Gulf. And what does develop can only endure so long in such an environment before being torn up. I think this at most will be a rainy cold frontal passage and nothing resembling an organized tropical system impact.

The drought continues.

It's not technically a drought yet, just abnormally dry but I must say it certainly has brought out the foliage. I don't remember seeing such rapid change so early in October. I know September was essentially ideal for foliage to begin and the continued dry conditions are only helping increase stress on the trees and cause rapid changes. We could peak by October 15-20th at this rate instead of around Halloween, early November with most leaves probably down by then. 

FWIW (not much) 18Z NAM is coming in a little stronger with Karen through 36hrs. Maintains Karen as she begins to drift eastward slowly over the northern gulf.

Karen being stronger could enhance the ridge enough to keep the frontal boundary and rain west of us. Also, a weaker storm could get sheared apart faster and leave not much for the majority of our area. Needless to say, this isn't looking like a noteworthy event for us. If I was to guess at a solution, I'd assume the weak/sheared apart one.

Archived