Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Tropical Storm Karen

IsentropicLift

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Imperator

Well I have acknowledged the Euro solution, but I can't post the paid images that I have access to here. The GGEM as we all know is useless as a tropical model. What else would you prefer me to post? BTW the 12z Canadian gets the moisture up here, just delayed. Then shows a TC backing into the US coast again from Bermuda late next week (yeah....like that's going to happen).

Not to mention that the 12z Euro hasn't come out yet.

We know the GGEM is crap for tropical entities, but supposedly is does better with other features, such as the front coming through. WPC actually preferred in its Long Range Discussion for next week with regard to the front and how it absorbs Karen over the Apps.

We know the GGEM is crap for tropical entities, but supposedly is does better with other features, such as the front coming through. WPC actually preferred in its Long Range Discussion for next week with regard to the front and how it absorbs Karen over the Apps.

If the 12z GGEM is going to be supported by WPC then I would expect a large uptick in QPF forecasts along the eastern seaboard for late in the period.

Guest Imperator

Last time I remembered, we had a similar feature a few months ago and we had soaking rain for 2 days.

Andrea

Guest Imperator

12Z Euro through 96 hours shows a weak system with a slightly more west path that the GFS. So we have the GFS on the Eastern Fringe, the NAM/UKMET/CMC on the west and the Euro somewhat in the middle but closer to the GFS track wise.

Guest Imperator

Regardless of where and how its landfalls on the gulf coast, we need the rain. So hopefully, some of that moisture from the remnants, whether it be a stand alone low or absorbed in the cold front, can make it up here.

The pattern this month would certainly allow tropical entities to affect us with the trough out west and ridging in the east. Probably going to have to keep an eye off the SE coast as gfs was hinting before that something could spin up with strong high pressure to the north of New England extending eastward. 

Guest Imperator

I think we may have to view the GFS as an outlier right now. Unfortunately every other model that is based on the GFS (HWRF,etc) is going to be skewed too. The othe rmodels have been pretty steady while the GFS has been all over the place.

I think we may have to view the GFS as an outlier right now. Unfortunately every other model that is based on the GFS (HWRF,etc) is going to be skewed too. The othe rmodels have been pretty steady while the GFS has been all over the place.

I think it's safe to say that we are going to get light rain showers from Monday Morning to Late Monday Night with up to 0.5" of rain possible.

Guest Imperator

I think it's safe to say that we are going to get light rain showers from Monday Morning to Late Monday Night with up to 0.5" of rain possible.

Im not disagreeing about the rain.

Im not disagreeing about the rain.

Let's be clear that when I talk about impacts for our region the main focus has to be on the potential for heavy rainfall.

As we've seen in the past, you don't need an organized tropical cyclone to bring big problems. Floyd 99' is a prime example. He was completely merged with the frontal boundry but the combination of the over runnng moisture along the front and the cyclone itself passing close the region brought major flooding to parts of PA/NJ.

At this point we desperatly need a good rain storm.

Guest Imperator

Let's be clear that when I talk about impacts for our region the main focus has to be on the potential for heavy rainfall.

As we've seen in the past, you don't need an organized tropical cyclone to bring big problems. Floyd 99' is a prime example. He was completely merged with the frontal boundry but the combination of the over runnng moisture along the front and the cyclone itself passing close the region brought major flooding to parts of PA/NJ.

Agreed, we are going to be in a drought soon if this dryness continues.

As we've seen in the past, you don't need an organized tropical cyclone to bring big problems. Floyd 99' is a prime example. He was completely merged with the frontal boundry but the combination of the over runnng moisture along the front and the cyclone itself passing close the region brought major flooding to parts of PA/NJ.

Good point. Also, the 00Z Euro has 40+ mph wind gust from New Brunswick, NJ through NYC. Along with gust up to 61 mph in Central CT. Of course, all of this happening on Monday.

Archived