amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Nothing to see here

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you have an issue with the board rules, you're welcome over at DBM I'm sure.  

I don't have an issue with board rules.  My issue is with you.  Ever since you were made a moderator, you've gone out of your way to make sure everybody knows who the big dog is around here.

Go ahead and tell everyone what board rules I broke.  

Hey, it's no problem.  I get it.  Fun isn't allowed..............unless you aren't around.  Somehow you felt threatened by a little sports talk.  So you squashed that.  Next I guess a reference to "Christmas Vacation" made you uncomfortable.

Would you prefer we talk about the passing cirrus clouds that are likely to show up sometime today?

I don't have an issue with board rules.  My issue is with you.  Ever since you were made a moderator, you've gone out of your way to make sure everybody knows who the big dog is around here.

Go ahead and tell everyone what board rules I broke.  

Hey, it's no problem.  I get it.  Fun isn't allowed..............unless you aren't around.  Somehow you felt threatened by a little sports talk.  So you squashed that.  Next I guess a reference to "Christmas Vacation" made you uncomfortable.

Would you prefer we talk about the passing cirrus clouds that are likely to show up sometime today?

LOL...pissy pissy.  Didn't realize you kept a candle burning for me this way.  

I love the movie personally, but the line is racy, could be considered sexist and has absolutely zero to do with weather.  

Go play in the Southeast or Philly sub forums if you want.  If you think I'm draconian...try Philly.  

I love the movie personally, but the line is racy, could be considered sexist and has absolutely zero to do with weather.  

Go play in the Southeast or Philly sub forums if you want.  If you think I'm draconian...try Philly.  

Fine.  Maybe one of these days you'll get the notion that weather and fun can go together.

I'm done with it, but I'll be "playing" right here.  If you want to show just how tough you can be, then ban me.

I like having a moderator in the Mid-Atlantic who actually moderates :D

Fine.  Maybe one of these days you'll get the notion that weather and fun can go together.

I'm done with it, but I'll be "playing" right here.  If you want to show just how tough you can be, then ban me.

It really never ceases to amaze me how strong an attachment people have with their flippant off-topic "jokes" in an internet weather forum.  

It really never ceases to amaze me how strong an attachment people have with their flippant off-topic "jokes" in an internet weather forum.

That's the part you are failing to see.  It's not just an internet forum.  It's a community of people who have come to "know" each other pretty well.  It's the back and forth that makes the forum great, not the weather itself.

I'm cool with letting it go if you are.  I know you have a job to do.

The weather last night for the Bengals-Steelers game was great. Looks like slightly warmer temps for the Ravens-Texans, WVU-MD and Lions-Skins games this weekend with a chance of showers. Hopefully that rain doesn't result in too many fumbles.

And big series on tap for the O's in beantown. Chilly night for a game up there.

LOL, awesome post.

Hence the reason no one ever posts there. It is by far the worst sub forum on here. Oh my bad Mark posts there :facepalm: .

That's the part you are failing to see.  It's not just an internet forum.  It's a community of people who have come to "know" each other pretty well.  It's the back and forth that makes the forum great, not the weather itself.

I'm cool with letting it go if you are.  I know you have a job to do.

Yes, and I let a LOT of that back-and-forth happen.  Everyone gets pissy when it's their own precious post that gets culled.  I'd suggest whenever that happens that the person who's post just got taken down take a brief moment to stop and think "is the comment I made REALLY worth getting upset about"?  But I know this is the internet so a little perspective is way too much to ask for.  

It is by far the worst forum on here. 

All perspective really.  Many people (especially red-taggers...and yes, their opinion does count for more than yours) enjoy a MUCH more highly moderated environment.  Not just talking about DT either.  Given that Randy and Ian are the board admins and they live/post in our subforum, I personally generally follow their lead.  Both of them like a bit of banter and back-and-forth, and believe it or not so do I (I know...shocking).  So, that's how I go about my business.  Plus, and perhaps it's just luck, but we really haven't had any red-taggers in our subforum get upset at the amount of banter and OT disco.  Wes even likes to mix it up a bit himself.  That hasn't been the case as much in other subforums.  

Yes, and I let a LOT of that back-and-forth happen.  Everyone gets their panties in a wad when it's their own precious post that gets culled.  I'd suggest whenever that happens that the person who's post just got taken down take a brief moment to stop and think "is the comment I made REALLY worth getting upset about"?  But I know this is the internet so a little perspective is way too much to ask for.  

Well, you have to have some perspective yourself.  If you want to know the truth, it wasn't the deletion of my post that got me started.  It was the objection to a few football comments made by some of us.  Perspective would have said that it would have stopped on its own.  The "Christmas Vacation" post was bait.

Well, you have to have some perspective yourself.  If you want to know the truth, it wasn't the deletion of my post that got me started.  It was the objection to a few football comments made by some of us.  Perspective would have said that it would have stopped on its own.  The "Christmas Vacation" post was bait.

Wow...what a mature gambit.  

All perspective really.  Many people (especially red-taggers...and yes, their opinion does count for more than yours) enjoy a MUCH more highly moderated environment.  Not just talking about DT either.  Given that Randy and Ian are the board admins and they live/post in our subforum, I personally generally follow their lead.  Both of them like a bit of banter and back-and-forth, and believe it or not so do I (I know...shocking).  So, that's how I go about my business.  Plus, and perhaps it's just luck, but we really haven't had any red-taggers in our subforum get upset at the amount of banter and OT disco.  Wes even likes to mix it up a bit himself.  That hasn't been the case as much in other subforums.  

I understand moderating a storm thread, or even a long range thread.  But the obs thread is usually an obs and banter thread.

What you alluded to wrt Ian and Randy, and the back and forth that goes on here (and from what I can see, in the NE forum) is what makes those forums the best.  Just my opinion, but my opinion is the only one I can give you.

Seems like you want to continue on with this. Coversations that are controlled to one vein, one ilk, and one direction only are sinister. Ther is supposed to be another forum to "relieve" that pressure but it too is restricted to a particular bent.

I'm done with this discussion and the discussion is done in this thread.  If people want to moan and groan about the terrors of having their jokes removed or daring to be told to have their sports talk happen in the sports forum, start a banter thread and pull out the tiny violins.  

I'm done with this discussion and the discussion is done in this thread.  If people want to moan and groan about the terrors of having their jokes removed or daring to be told to have their sports talk happen in the sports forum, start a banter thread and pull out the tiny violins.  

technically i think these are banter threads.. there's probably a limit but i don't think we've necessarily passed it recently.

technically i think these are banter threads.. there's probably a limit but i don't think we've necessarily passed it recently.

Which is why I can count the number of times I've actively moderated over the last 3-4 months on just a few fingers.  WinterWxLuvr's post needed to be removed.  Then all this pent up angst just came pouring out of the woodwork.    

I am not going to pile on and this is my last comment on this. It seems at least to me that the red taggers on this board who do most of the contributing i.e  Wes, Scott, Will do not mind the banter at all. The one mod who dislikes it is Adam, hence the Stalin-esque regime in the Philly sub forum. If all we talk about is weather especially during really boring times such as now, the board loses 90% of the reason that people come here in the first place. Just my 2 cents and im sure it does not count for much. Have a great day and let's hope the O's can pull a miracle and get into the playoffs and then me and you will go out for drinks :pepsi: .

I am not going to pile on and this is my last comment on this. It seems at least to me that the red taggers on this board who do most of the contributing i.e  Wes, Scott, Will do not mind the banter at all. The one mod who dislikes it is Adam, hence the Stalin-esque regime in the Philly sub forum. If all we talk about is weather especially during really boring times such as now, the board loses 90% of the reason that people come here in the first place. Just my 2 cents and im sure it does not count for much. Have a great day and let's hope the O's can pull a miracle and get into the playoffs and then me and you will go out for drinks :pepsi: .

Some don't mind the banter.  I personally don't mind a modest amount.  I'm sure everyone's personal line is different and we're actually discussing that very thing (i.e., uniformity) in the staff forum.  I felt that the sports talk was starting to grow rather than reach a natural conclusion after several posts.  BFD.  We have a sports forum.  

As to the red-taggers...we'd probably have some MORE red-taggers (at least in a few places) if banter/OT talk was completely gone.  It's a balance.  We have ample places to have non-weather talk on this board.  If people can't keep the banter in the obs/disco thread to a low minimum, then we should open up straight banter threads each month.  That makes it far more cut and dry for everyone.  

Which is why I can count the number of times I've actively moderated over the last 3-4 months on just a few fingers.  WinterWxLuvr's post needed to be removed.  Then all this pent up angst just came pouring out of the woodwork.    

Not going to debate heavily here. I think at least one or two of the posts were probably worth canning.. not sure this thread is needed though, or if it's valuable to go out of your way on things that aren't reported etc. 

re: banter threads.. the general obs thread has historically been one it just doesn't have it in the title lately. perhaps it's not good enough as one when there's nothing to talk about anyway (and it's the main thread). 

Archived