12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Early August Wx Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did this in the winter before our snowy cold period  and did this in July when trying to figure out the upcoming monthly pattern. Using GFS ENS analog dates for D+8 and D+11 on the ESRL composite and reanalysis page . Maps are generated which show what the analog dates months were like. In this case the month of Aug looks to be dominated by an East Coast trough with below normal 500 heights but as you can see using the analogs day composites to roll forward, the pattern relaxes and we become more zonal at the end of the month, during this transitional period the WAR rebuilds for a time west allowing the possibility for any tropical system to sneak up. Of course so many variables are involved in tropical movement but as these analog dates suggest the evolving pattern does leave room for impact. The GFS is making some noise long weenie range that Tropical season may bust out. Anyway here are the maps.

Thanks, looks like until the last week of August pretty status quo but changes are afoot. September could be a fantastic month, above normal in Sept is a good thing.

That would be nice. Going to a wedding 9/19-9/22 in Vegas - praying for no tropical activity. I broke my cardinal rule of not going out of region in September lol. 

This is what summer is about. Can you honestly go out there and justify the awful airmass we had last month after being in this wonderful weather? No freaking way.

Pants tent ^ 100 today. The next 2 nights look awesome. I was out doing grocery shopping like an old person this morning and everyone was smiling and happy to be rid of the brutal dews. No one, and I mean no one, misses them.

Pants tent ^ 100 today. The next 2 nights look awesome. I was out doing grocery shopping like an old person this morning and everyone was smiling and happy to be rid of the brutal dews. No one, and I mean no one, misses them.

those that dew the do are happily entrenched in them in Florida or South Carolina

That's funny you said that. I felt like a new man this morning. Where you at the Tilton MB? LOL.

That's funny you said that. I felt like a new man this morning. Where you at the Tilton MB? LOL.

Yeah, I go there for most of my groceries, but stopped at Hannaford to load up on 1.99/lb chicken. Our Shaw's is one of the 6 getting 86'd in NH, but I won't miss them and their high prices. It was a carpe diem morning.

Albany NWS rad has lots of potent albeit small returns dappled from VT to central NY, charging SE. Some have 60dbz, depicted.   

I was looking at the sounding and was thinking microburst could register somewhere...

Then tonight ...phew, finally.   I am hoping this cool push will be enough to finally cool this stupid house of mine down.  Last night was nice outside.  I didn't check but if felt like it was 64 by 11pm.  My living room was at 80, with the windows open.  My theory is that the walls must absorb radiation during the day, and then dumps it back into the medium after dark.   I don't know... but sitting in 80 gets old after a while.  

Yeah, I go there for most of my groceries, but stopped at Hannaford to load up on 1.99/lb chicken. Our Shaw's is one of the 6 getting 86'd in NH, but I won't miss them and their high prices. It was a carpe diem morning.

Nice. I usually go to that MB to stock up both to and from NH since it's way cheaper than anything down here. We don't have MB yet locally.

Albany NWS rad has lots of potent albeit small returns dappled from VT to central NY, charging SE. Some have 60dbz, depicted.   

I was looking at the sounding and was thinking microburst could register somewhere...

Then tonight ...phew, finally.   I am hoping this cool push will be enough to finally cool this stupid house of mine down.  Last night was nice outside.  I didn't check but if felt like it was 64 by 11pm.  My living room was at 80, with the windows open.  My theory is that the walls must absorb radiation during the day, and then dumps it back into the medium after dark.   I don't know... but sitting in 80 gets old after a while.  

geez even a window fan would solve that, get that air moving, you got to move it move it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0qkUIFEtXM

well when you get a little, we use these in our laundry room to keep the air moving when the AC is off to help prevent moisture build up. 25 bucks

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Holmes-Twin-Window-Fan/9204076

Yeah that's all you need. I have 2 like that and I stack them in the bedroom window. Once it gets into the 60s outside it starts to feel like A/C.

Archived