• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Early August Wx Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

With another summer month in the books, and a record one at that for some climate stations, we've transitioned into a more temperate pattern with a trough located over the Northeast.  Looks like we'll have a few chances of rain/storms, the first of which comes tomorrow.  Models are indicating a wave of low pressure developing along a frontal boundary and moving NE thru the area.  After that it looks like we may have a chance for some storms on Sunday with a s/w modeled to move thru.  Other than that, no heat in the near future.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Freezing levels are obscenely low on Sunday/Monday on both the GFS and Euro. 700mb-ish. 

As Phil mentioned yesterday that could be a pretty good setup for hailers. 

it's a potent shortwave too.

with the cold pool, it's one of those odd set-ups where 81/57F will be enough to generate SB development. 2-m are probably too cool / dry so can probably adjust the SB cape upwards a bit.

i always like these set-ups because they can usually get convection to the coast...even if it's relatively weak stuff in general.

wbz gets down to like 8000'  

it's a potent shortwave too.

with the cold pool, it's one of those odd set-ups where 81/57F will be enough to generate SB development. 2-m are probably too cool / dry so can probably adjust the SB cape upwards a bit.

i always like these set-ups because they can usually get convection to the coast...even if it's relatively weak stuff in general.

wbz gets down to like 8000'  

Gusty winds possible too - with inverted-V look to the soundings. 

Oh lol yeah. Among other places in that area. Can't wait

Awesome, we went last year in May.  Make sure you try to eat at the new beast's castle, your girls will love it.  Good luck on scoring some southern tstorm action, I just missed out on something pretty decent when I went...missed just to the north, but left behind a cool sunset

post-661-0-93663400-1375299883_thumb.jpg

Awesome, we went last year in May.  Make sure you try to eat at the new beast's castle, your girls will love it.  Good luck on scoring some southern tstorm action, I just missed out on something pretty decent when I went...missed just to the north, but left behind a cool sunset

attachicon.gifp1490312264-4.jpg

With the mega SAL, sunsets will be great

Archived