Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
July high heat WX disco

CapturedNature

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure why but euro seems to have floundered this summer.

It's taken a lot of flack for missing the WAR in the long range. The op has done pretty well inside of d4 IMO. It was cooler with max temps this week when other guidance was busting too high.

So this meh warmth per some well respected mets had BOS with 7 straight aoa 90, 2 upper 90s (pending today), 1 mid 90s embedded in the 7. It's far from meh to me per life experience.

It's an epic last 30 days..No way for anyone to spin it. None

The frigid franks are trying to spin this as an annual event...lol.

I know..Yeah we have record hot July's all the time..Happens every years. It;s just the nighttime mins lol

Don't confuse record warmth month with oppressively hot.  Sure it's humid, but as far as temp goes, for some areas the high temps were not that shocking by any stretch.  No spin on that highs comment, just truth.

82,1/71

The last week has been impressive with the 90+ streaks down there, but it's been NBD for much of CNE/NNE. The only thing impressive has been the dews and warm mins. I've only had a few mins below 60F in the last 4 weeks which is impressive considering my average is in the U50s.

I know..Yeah we have record hot July's all the time..Happens every years. It;s just the nighttime mins lol

Don't confuse record warmth month with oppressively hot. Sure it's humid, but as far as temp goes, for some areas the high temps were not that shocking by any stretch. No spin on that highs comment, just truth.

82,1/71

For the biggest population areas it has been oppressive. Don't confuse the pit as being representative.

Including today, my max temp this month is pretty much spot on with 2010 (83.2 vs 83.1). That should come down over the next couple weeks. However my avg min so far is 65.3 compared to 60.7 in 2010...a huge difference.

Yes. SNE vs NNE has had different results but SNE has been impressive.

The majority of the record warmth was high night time lows until this week.  The record shows that - we've have not had a such a long period of elevated dp's at BDL since 1949.  I can't find the records prior to that.  The first 15 days of the month at BDL had average highs BELOW the previous record months.  You can't spin that.

Now, this week added to the mix does make it warmer and special but it's not that extreme when you look at other years July 1991 when BDL had an 11 day heat wave that included 3 days at 100°.  That is special and stands out in my opinion, not some 7 day heat wave that topped out at 97° and happened to coincide with a period of elevated dp's to make it seem even warmer.

IMHO, if anything stands out it's the high dp's and that's what I'll remember.  1991 sticks out more to me with the back to back 100° readings in our backyards.  I think both of us barely were above 90° this heat wave and that does happen every year.  My wife is from Illinois and she's been laughing all week of everyone complaining about the heat...in her opinion it hasn't been that big of a deal too.

IMHO, if anything stands out it's the high dp's and that's what I'll remember.

Totally agree.  Normally we have fronts coming through which flush out the humidity for a while, but it's basically been non-stop high dews since June 24th, which is almost a month now.  This week has been hot, but we still didn't break any record highs.  It's all about the humidity and continuous 70+ dew point to me. 

Last night was unreal... one of the warmest nights I can ever recall here.  (80/75 at 1AM)

Including today, my max temp this month is pretty much spot on with 2010 (83.2 vs 83.1). That should come down over the next couple weeks. However my avg min so far is 65.3 compared to 60.7 in 2010...a huge difference.

I was looking at my own records which go back 29 years and July 2002 was my warmest July on record with an average temp of 74°.  The average high temp that month was 87°.  The average low was 61°.  This month the average high has been 82° but the average low is the highest of any month at 68°.  The blows the previous highest average low record (August 2003) of 64° away.

I just don't know how you can spin the fact that this month has been so warm because of the elevated low temps (at least around here).

I was looking at my own records which go back 29 years and July 2002 was my warmest July on record with an average temp of 74°.  The average high temp that month was 87°.  The average low was 61°.  This month the average high has been 82° but the average low is the highest of any month at 68°.  The blows the previous highest average low record (August 2003) of 64° away.

I just don't know how you can spin the fact that this month has been so warm because of the elevated low temps (at least around here).

Yeah, it's all about the low temps.  27 straight days of 66+ lows at BDL... 22/27 have been 70+. 

What was your low temp last night?

Totally agree.  Normally we have fronts coming through which flush out the humidity for a while, but it's basically been non-stop high dews since June 24th, which is almost a month now.  This week has been hot, but we still didn't break any record highs.  It's all about the humidity and continuous 70+ dew point to me. 

Last night was unreal... one of the warmest nights I can ever recall here.  (80/75 at 1AM)

Yeah, that's what totally stands out to me and last night was the worst.  When I saw that it was still in the 80s at 10PM, I just shook my head.  I felt sorry for people camping in the camp grounds.

I did get down to 72° and that happens every few years but I do show that we've had a couple of days (6/29/1991 & 8/16/2002) that we had lows of 75°...yuck!

Yeah, that's what totally stands out to me and last night was the worst.  When I saw that it was still in the 80s at 10PM, I just shook my head.  I felt sorry for people camping in the camp grounds.

I did get down to 72° and that happens every few years but I do show that we've had a couple of days (6/29/1991 & 8/16/2002) that we had lows of 75°...yuck!

Yeah, trying to sleep without AC last night had to be rough. 

Do you know what the low temp was on July 21/22 2011?  I remember that night as also being incredibly oppressive.

Archived