wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Tropical Remnant Chantal

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*you're

You know, I thought about that for about 5 seconds, and I was going to go searching for it. But then I realized that I really don't give a darn. It's summer and my brain has a little "be back in late August sign" on it.

However, since you pointed it out, I fixed it... just for you.

THE AREA OF DISTURBED WEATHER ASSOCIATED WITH THE REMNANTS OF
CHANTAL HAS MOVED NORTHWARD AND IS NOW CENTERED JUST TO THE
EAST-NORTHEAST OF GREAT ABACO IN THE NORTHWESTERN BAHAMAS.
SATELLITE AND SURFACE DATA INDICATE THAT THE DISTURBANCE STILL
LACKS A CLOSED CIRCULATION. THE REMNANTS OF CHANTAL ARE EXPECTED TO
CONTINUE MOVING NORTHWARD DURING THE NEXT DAY OR SO WITH LITTLE OR
NO DEVELOPMENT.
THIS SYSTEM HAS A LOW CHANCE...20 PERCENT...OF
BECOMING A TROPICAL CYCLONE DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS.

Guest Imperator

Coming together quite quickly now. Would've been the perfect time for recon, but of course, it was cancelled. 

1ekxWUd.jpg

I think you should leave it to the experts to decide that. In fact this is from NHC 2pm DIsco:

"A SURFACE TROUGH IS ALONG 28N78W NEAR THE NORTHERN

BAHAMAS TO 23N80W AT THE COAST OF CUBA. THIS TROUGH

REPRESENTS THE NORTHERN EXTENT OF ENERGY THAT IS

ASSOCIATED WITH THE REMNANTS OF CHANTAL. THE TROUGH

HAS WEAKENED SINCE THE TIME OF THE 12/1200 SURFACE

MAP ANALYSIS. THE SURFACE WIND FLOW THAT IS AROUND

WHERE IT WAS IS SOUTHERLY. THE SURFACE PRESSURE

PATTERN DOES NOT REFLECT MUCH OF A TROUGH ANYMORE."

I think you should leave it to the experts to decide that. In fact this is from NHC 2pm DIsco:

"A SURFACE TROUGH IS ALONG 28N78W NEAR THE NORTHERN

BAHAMAS TO 23N80W AT THE COAST OF CUBA. THIS TROUGH

REPRESENTS THE NORTHERN EXTENT OF ENERGY THAT IS

ASSOCIATED WITH THE REMNANTS OF CHANTAL. THE TROUGH

HAS WEAKENED SINCE THE TIME OF THE 12/1200 SURFACE

MAP ANALYSIS. THE SURFACE WIND FLOW THAT IS AROUND

WHERE IT WAS IS SOUTHERLY. THE SURFACE PRESSURE

PATTERN DOES NOT REFLECT MUCH OF A TROUGH ANYMORE."

Why? Am I not allowed to state my opinion that it looks it's becoming better organized..?

The low-level flow from what I can see on visible animations seem to indicate a surface low is at least trying to form underneath that convective canopy and the convective pattern is much better organized than it was several hours ago. Outflow is expanding in the northeastern semicircle.

Guest Imperator

Why? Am I not allowed to state my opinion that it looks it's becoming better organized..?

The low-level flow from what I can see on visible animations seem to indicate a surface low is at least trying to form underneath that convective canopy and the convective pattern is much better organized than it was several hours ago. Outflow is expanding in the northeastern semicircle.

You can state whatever opinion you want, but I think NHC's opinion bears more weight. Anyway, this system has 24-36 hours of distinction left anyway. 

Over a 24-hour period on Tuesday and Wednesday, it blazed through the Caribbean at 31.4 mph, setting the record for being the fastest-moving system through the deep tropics, the National Hurricane Center said on Thursday.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/fl-fast-moving-storms-20130711,0,6181192.story

Wow. That's kind of cool to know, actually.

This still cant be discounted, the MLC is still rather vigorous and I would position it at 18N 74W right over the northern part of Hispaniola so it should reemerge in a few hours and thats when IMO this may become a tropical storm again

Should watch the surface trough in relation with the remnants of Chantal over the next two or three days. The 12z GFS and CMC indicate redevelopment as it heads for North Carolina/South Carolina, albeit only back to weak tropical storm status.

Looks to be, at least in my opinion, coming together quite quickly now. Would've been the perfect time for recon, but of course, it was cancelled. 

1ekxWUd.jpg

Lol

Archived