e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
NYC/PHL 12/21-12/22 Threat

hazwoper

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if anybody will agree though with me, hopefully I can get a met response on this. This storm as being progged for 24th to 25th looks great so far and the set up with this storm looks to be "easier" compared to the last threat, but with the past models performances this week and how poor and relatively inconsistent they were wouldn't it be wise to take a step back and don't make any kind of false hopes till we get into the 96 hour or less range till the event?

I wasn't alive yet but my parents tell me how they got stuck in a snow drift just a few blocks away from our house in Bensalem on their home from NE Philly. They tell me they had a foot in Bensalem. Had to walk home the rest of the way.

One of our neighbors got stuck in the street in front of his house. I remember him arguing with the plow driver on Xmas eve

Isn't this another case where the shortwave needs to phase with the northern stream or else we just see a weak disturbance heading east and OTS? Seems like another thread the needle event where we need the confluence to be weaker and more amplification and phasing although this is more Nina-esque than the last threat. Appears to be strong miller B like system on the gfs.

Euro is a no go, same thing as this weekend, believe me, we're not getting snow on Christmas.

I posted in the christmas threat thread also, but would it be wise after this weeks modeling inconsistency with this past storm that it would be wise to not overanalyze the models till the 96 hour or less mark? Granted the setup with this storm looks relitively "easier" than the other threat but I think just waiting till the 96 hour or less period to be getting pumped about this system would be a better approach. Would like an opinion, thank you

Archived