May 27-June 2 Severe Weather

Hoosier

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

TORNADO WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE LINCOLN IL

955 PM CDT FRI MAY 31 2013

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN LINCOLN HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...

CENTRAL MACON COUNTY IN CENTRAL ILLINOIS...

* UNTIL 1030 PM CDT

* AT 950 PM CDT...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO WAS LOCATED NEAR NIANTIC...AND MOVING EAST AT 35 MPH.

HAZARD...DEVELOPING TORNADO.

SOURCE...RADAR INDICATED ROTATION.

IMPACT...MOBILE HOMES WILL BE HEAVILY DAMAGED OR DESTROYED. SIGNIFICANT DAMAGE TO ROOFS...WINDOWS AND VEHICLES WILL OCCUR. FLYING DEBRIS WILL BE DEADLY TO PEOPLE AND ANIMALS. EXTENSIVE TREE DAMAGE IS LIKELY.

* LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...

DECATUR...HARRISTOWN...FORSYTH...OREANA AND DECATUR AIRPORT.

THIS INCLUDES INTERSTATE 72 BETWEEN MILE MARKERS 125 AND 146.

sirens going off....the lightning is very vivid

Sent from my iPhone 5 using

Tapatalk!

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oreana, Il at my parents place. About 5 miles NE of Decatur

Take care.

This is the warning over your area if you haven't already seen it.

TORNADO WARNINGILC019-039-113-115-147-010345-/O.NEW.KILX.TO.W.0009.130601T0311Z-130601T0345Z/BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTEDTORNADO WARNINGNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE LINCOLN IL1011 PM CDT FRI MAY 31 2013THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN LINCOLN HAS ISSUED A* TORNADO WARNING FOR...  WESTERN CHAMPAIGN COUNTY IN EAST CENTRAL ILLINOIS...  SOUTHEASTERN DE WITT COUNTY IN CENTRAL ILLINOIS...  SOUTHEASTERN MCLEAN COUNTY IN CENTRAL ILLINOIS...  NORTHEASTERN MACON COUNTY IN CENTRAL ILLINOIS...  PIATT COUNTY IN CENTRAL ILLINOIS...* UNTIL 1045 PM CDT* AT 1009 PM CDT...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A  TORNADO WAS LOCATED NEAR ARGENTA...AND MOVING NORTHEAST AT 45 MPH.  HAZARD...DEVELOPING TORNADO.  SOURCE...RADAR INDICATED ROTATION.  IMPACT...MOBILE HOMES WILL BE HEAVILY DAMAGED OR DESTROYED.           SIGNIFICANT DAMAGE TO ROOFS...WINDOWS AND VEHICLES WILL           OCCUR. FLYING DEBRIS WILL BE DEADLY TO PEOPLE AND ANIMALS.           EXTENSIVE TREE DAMAGE IS LIKELY.* LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...  MONTICELLO...CHAMPAIGN...WELDON...DE LAND...WHITE HEATH...FARMER  CITY...SEYMOUR...MANSFIELD...MAHOMET...LAKE OF THE WOODS...SAVOY...  URBANA...CISCO...LODGE...GALESVILLE...WILLARD AIRPORT AND FOOSLAND.THIS INCLUDES INTERSTATE 57 BETWEEN MILE MARKERS 228 AND 239.THIS INCLUDES INTERSTATE 72 BETWEEN MILE MARKERS 148 AND 182.THIS INCLUDES INTERSTATE 74 BETWEEN MILE MARKERS 158 AND 182.

I feel your pain... Still have yet to have a thunderstorm IMBY this week.

Tomorrows our last shot... And will probably end up being our best shot since everything has missed us today/tonight. However... You know how it goes, tomorrow by 12:30PM, under cloudy skies and temps near 70... We will watch storms explode over Southern Ontario and norther OH and push east.

Welcome to pure Michigan.

Haha yep. Exactly the situation today as storms formed in SEMI then strengthened over Ontario. Clear skies earlier today helped to destabilize the atmosphere. Watches and warnings out today. Could have used a bit more shear and things would have really taken off. Nonetheless managed to grab a decent thunderstorm shot:

Good luck tomorrow, I have to work so went be able to get out for the cold front.

2k9pv9c.jpg

I thought we would had had some storms today, even the wx office thought so but it was nice all day. They still are calling for some for us tomorrow here in Mid Michigan but I tend to think it'll be more to my south and east. Hope no severe storms tomorrow anywhere tomorrow like Oka. and northeasward had tonight. We did have a severe storm with hail on Thursday and I put a picture of lightning over our city from that storm on my website.

Severe thunderstorm warning moved a county closer to LAF.

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNINGINC045-121-165-171-010445-/O.NEW.KIND.SV.W.0059.130601T0415Z-130601T0445Z/BULLETIN - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTEDSEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNINGNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE INDIANAPOLIS IN1215 AM EDT SAT JUN 1 2013THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN INDIANAPOLIS HAS ISSUED A* SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR...  FOUNTAIN COUNTY IN WEST CENTRAL INDIANA...  PARKE COUNTY IN WEST CENTRAL INDIANA...  VERMILLION COUNTY IN WEST CENTRAL INDIANA...  WARREN COUNTY IN WEST CENTRAL INDIANA...* UNTIL 1245 AM EDT* AT 1211 AM EDT...A LINE OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS WAS LOCATED ALONG A  LINE EXTENDING FROM HOOPESTON TO PARIS...AND MOVING EAST AT 55 MPH.  HAZARD...60 MPH WIND GUSTS.  SOURCE...RADAR INDICATED.  IMPACT...EXPECT DAMAGE TO ROOFS...SIDING AND TREES.
Sch. Stormer - good to hear you're alright and it's just the power that's down.

Severe thunderstorm warning moved a county closer to LAF.

Sch. Stormer - good to hear you're alright and it's just the power that's down.

Thank ya. Sounds like sections of Decatur and Argenta got smoked pretty good. So it sounds like the brunt of it slipped west and north of me. Scanner reports of tons of trees/power lines down.

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO/ROMEOVILLE IL

1143 PM CDT FRI MAY 31 2013

.TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON

.DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE.

..REMARKS..

1108 PM TSTM WND GST CRESCENT CITY 40.77N 87.86W

05/31/2013 M84 MPH IROQUOIS IL TRAINED SPOTTER

MEASURED WITH HAND HELD ANEMOMETER

Lots of flooding in Decatur....also heard a roof collapsed in argenta.... the field behind my house looks like a lake

Tapatalk!

Got a report (trickles through by some old FD buddies) of a tree on house in Argenta. Cannot comment on rumors of people trapped at this point.

Ya wand17 confirmed that they showed a lot of areas in Macon county with damage or flooding ...I went down to the Macon area and houses were damaged some were nearly destroyed

Tapatalk!

Ya wand mentioned that so it seems like it was true...I went down to the Macon area and houses were damaged some were nearly destroyed

Tapatalk!

Just got back from a quick drive through Argenta (had to give time for PD and FD to do their thing). Large amounts of tree damage. Tree limbs 2-3 feet across broke all across town with some smaller limbs laying on roofs/cars. Per emergency management, 3 houses damaged.

Gotta think there was a fair bit of tornado damage with that MCV from S of Springfield through Decatur. The multiple couplets and vigor of the MCV were reminiscent of the Marshall County MCV from 27 April 2011.

I was talking with a friend around 11pm my time and he was saying there was debris all over the road on IL-4 north of Scott AFB and the power was out there. This is a bit south of that area but I know there were circulations even that far south.

Weird. I've been watching the line of storms in northern IN and it looks like that heavier northern cell isn't being allowed to cross the state line into MI. It was heading NE until it got right around the line and then it just stopped moving north but was moving east. Just like it hit a wall.

I've seen some really bizarre stuff today. Definitely not a dull moment. I'm glad things didn't get worse than it did, and it sure came close to being tragic on an epic scale.

Weird. I've been watching the line of storms in northern IN and it looks like that heavier northern cell isn't being allowed to cross the state line into MI. It was heading NE until it got right around the line and then it just stopped moving north but was moving east. Just like it hit a wall.

I've seen some really bizarre stuff today. Definitely not a dull moment. I'm glad things didn't get worse than it did, and it sure came close to being tragic on an epic scale.

We have had a decent amount of garden variety stuff here today, but I see what you are saying. The stronger cells hit the Michigan border and it is like a brick wall there.

Archived