joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Southern/Central Plains Obs and Short Term Discussions

OKpowdah

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Radar presentation is really taking on a classic look (reflectivity-wise) - but it's displaying such an odd S/SW track - Isn't that what Jarrell did?

Yes, Jarrell did, and also built along an existing outflow boundary as this one seems to be doing.  It is somewhat unusual, but plenty of non-tornadic and weakly tornadic supercells have done it too.  

Classic looking broad mesocyclone. Clearly needs to tighten up before seeing a tornado.

It's about to do a NE/SW split - odd.

with such strong easterly winds at the surface and only about 25 or 30 knots westerlies aloft, you get some weird stuff. Storms tend to move slow and recycle the mesocyclone to the west of the original location.

Now it's the 200 mile wide meso

You might want to say 200-mile wide connected anvil cloud. The anvil clouds take up a lot of space in quite a number of situations.

Well I think I can say that part of the wall cloud (or an area near it) is moving at 62 knots at the moment! with the other part of it going at 42 kt in the opposite direction.

We already left lol

My buddy is on the meso but can't see anything and is getting 90mph gusts

Got some good pics. Beastly storm. Maybe a tor.. Gotta look back at vid. So much dust hard to tell much of anything about anything

Archived